Full-Time SHIPMENT SUPERVISOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
(Announcement No. 12/46)
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
POSITION: Shipment Supervisor, FSN-8
OPENING DATE: July 23, 2012,
CLOSING DATE: August 8, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Actual salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
NOTE: THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL COME UNDER LOCAL LABOR LAW, AND BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE EMBASSY’S LOCAL COMPENSAT ION PLAN. ALL ORDINARY RESIDENT
APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN LAOS AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERAT ION.
The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane is seeking an individual for the position of Shipment Supervisor in the General Services Office (GSO), Management Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent serves as the supervisor of the GSO/Customs & Shipping Section, providing and managing full customs and shipping operations and services. S/he provides significant regional responsibility for clearance of extremely large shipments in support of the New Embassy Construction project, and most other complicated trans-border shipments of official purchases, supplies, HHE and UAB shipments. The incumbent is responsible for management of all incoming and outgoing airfreight , seafreight of all shipments, including both POV and official vehicles. Responsible for all the necessary diplomatic documentation to obtain duty-free privileges of every shipment for the entire mission. Coordinates receipt of container shipments, process customs documentation for cargo flights.
Coordinates the workload of at least one Customs and Shipping clerk. Lastly, the incumbent obtains and tracks all liability insurance for POV’s and official embassy vehicles.
(Full Position Descriptions is available in HR Office)
QUALIFICAT IONS REQUIRED:
1. Education: Completion of four-year college degree in business or related field
2. Prior Work Experience: Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in shipment /customs and transportation or logistics
3. Language Proficiency: List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and specialization (speak/read). Level IV (Fluent) in spoken/written English and Lao is requires.
4. Job Knowledge: A good working knowledge of Department of State and General Services regulations, instructions, and procedures governing the shipment of household effects, personal effects, and other private and U.S. Government property.
Knowledge of local customs and transportation/shipping practices
5. S kills and Abilities: Must be tactful, yet effective in dealing with host country Government ministerial officials including but not limited to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Protocol), Ministry of Interior (customs & traffic), and personnel from other private sector shipping, packing, and transportation companies is required. Must have good computer skills with knowledge/experience in MS Office Suite (Ms Excel, Word, Outlook, etc). Must have a valid driver’s license and able to drive a truck.
How to ApplyInterested applicants for this position must submit the following for the application to be considered: 1. Universal Application for Employment (Form DS-174). Download the form at: http://laos.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html 2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. 3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above. SUBMIT APPLICAT ION TO Human Resources Office American Embassy Rue Bartholonie, That Dam PO Box 114, Vientiane, Laos (Hardcopy or e-mail attachments are accepted) POINT OF CONTA CT Telephone: 856-21-267176 Fax: 856-21-267140 E-mail: VientianeHR@state.gov Interested persons should contact Embassy Human Resources Office for more information. Blank application forms may be picked up from the cabinet inside the Embassy entrance. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: AUGUST 8, 2012 An Equal Opportunity Employer
1767 total views, 2 today