Full-Time RAI-PSR M&E and LOGISTIC OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Ministry of Health
The Principal Recipient (PR) Office
Vacancy Announcement for RAI-PSR M&E and Logistic Officer
Since 2003, the Principal Recipient Office (Ministry of Health) received3 grants from the Global Fund to fight HIV AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria for an approximate total amount of USD$100 million. Three grants are currently active.
The Principal Recipient (PR) provides Procurement and Logistics services, Monitoring and Evaluation expertise and Financial
Management Systems to a number of Sub-Recipients who are directly responsible for implementing prevention, care and treatment intervention programs in Lao PDR.
Scope of work:
• Establish and maintain a comprehensive reporting, monitoring and evaluation system for RAI malaria grant GFATM funded interventions.
• Ensure that planning documents are up to date and in accordance with grant agreements. This includes the following planning documents for SSRs and provinces:
– Work plans
– Indicators and targets
• Address M&E issues in Management letters received from the Geneva office
• Ensure that progress reports are submitted by the SSRs to the PSR (MoH) and subsequently by the PSR to the PR (UNOPS) in a timely manner.
• Verify the programmatic information on program progress provided to the PSR through:
– Desk review of the reports.
– Communication with coordinator, manager, and M&E officers of the SSRs.
– Seeking additional information from key informant sunder taking systematic and regular monitoring visits to sites where RAI activities are implemented.
• Ensure that SSRs and provinces with PF targets and interventions are implementing activities as planned. Propose corrective action in case constraints are identified.
• Develop and conduct training for provinces related to monitoring and evaluation as well as RAI malaria programmatic reporting for GFATM related interventions.
• Assist the Head of PSR M&E unit and SSR Coordinator in preparing progress reports and presentations for CCM and other venues of information dissemination.
• Undertake other duties as requested by the PSR Head of M&E Unit, Coordinator, and Director.
Participate in the control and counting of all equipment with the centers and record and update databases of fixed assets on the established set schedule.
• Coordinate with CMPE and all other SSRs to follow up on the use of vehicles by the centers and provinces.
• Follow up the entry-exit procurement documents of the PSR Procurement Unit.
Summarize and send the weekly plan of PSR Procurement Unit to the Administration Unit for reporting to PSR Project Director.
• Collect and summarize all reporting data from the end-users from each SSR at each level (village, district, province, and central).
• Complete all import and export documents from each SSR.
• Collect monthly reports of malaria drugs and RDTs from each implementing site and report to PSR, National Procurement Consultant, and International PSR Specialist to ensure an adequate supply ofdrugs and RDT.
• Perform other duties as requested by PSR Head of Procurement Unit, Management Team, and Director.
• Receive and consolidate all monthly, quarterly and annual stock/inventory reports into Logistic Management Information System (LMIS)/ logistic Database.
• Prepare a quarterly summary of stock situation, present findings and make recommendations to PSR PU.
• Provide technical input and complete checklists, supervise project sites, and submit report of findings.
• Conduct training to SSR project sites staff on logistic according to GF guidelines.
• A degree in health sector or social sciences ( Bachelor/Master),
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience.
• Comprehensive computer skills in Excel and other software packages.
• Experience with computerized accounting packages is required.
• Fluency in English – written and spoken
• Familiarity with government and international aid project operations. Especially relevant, experience with Global Fund, World Bank or other grant/loan/donor funded projects will be advantage.
• Tolerant and patient when working under difficult and demanding conditions.
• Experience as a Trainer and in using training methodologies,
• A willingness to travel to provinces of Laos for short durations
• One year contact and renewable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who wish to obtain further information for this assignment may contact to Mr. Keophouthone Inthivong, Procurement Specialist. Address: Principal Recipient (PR Office), Ministry of Health, Simouang Village, Sisattanak District, Vientiane
Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 865 21 242980 Fax: 856 21 242981. Email address: email@example.com and Cc: to Dr. Chanmy Saramany, Manager of PR Office, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org at office hours, 08:30 -16:30 hours. The interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV to the address above by 14 February 2014. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
3479 total views, 2 today