Full-Time QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF)
Request for Expression of Interest for Quality Assurance Engineer
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Project: The Poverty Reduction Fund
Grant No.: H685-LA
Project No.: P 123480.
Date of Issue 28 July 2014 Deadline: 11 August 2014
The Government of Laos, with support from the World Bank, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation,AuSAID and JSDF has set up the Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF) to deliver small scale development projectincluding support to livelihood activities at the Kumban and Village levels. The project is now seeking for Quality Assurance Engineer details as below:
Quality Assurance Engineer
• Oversee the implementation, management and maintaining of the Quality Manual and Operating Procedures, conducting spot checks on selected subprojects with a focus on checking compliance with Environmental and Social Safeguards, DRM, Quality Checklists and use of Construction Site Log Books. Correcting or reporting to management any deviations from standard procedures.
• Maintain, develop and update the Quality Checklists and Project Quality Plans with feedback fromdistricts on implementation.
• Monitor Community Construction Supervisors and District Engineers reports, and District and Provincial Implementation Plans, to insure they are correctly compiled and copied to the Engineering Division on schedule.
Identify issues with compliance with the PRF Quality Standards for supervision.
• Become very familiar with all key project documents, in particular the QMS, Standard forms, Engineering/ Technical Guideline, standard designs and specifications
• Assist in preparing and delivering training to PRF provincial, district and village staff
Required qualifications and experience:
• At least a Bachelor degree in engineering, preferably with specialization with serious practical experience, or with experience in site supervision.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant technical working experience, managing/supervising community driven/labor based projects in rural, remote areas.
• Experience in participatory community development, technical training, training of trainers and organizing or conducting training courses
• Show sensitivity towards gender and ethnic issues found in the rural areas and a willingness to travel to and in provinces for extended periods of time and
• Possess strong team building capacity, good communication and social skills and ability to coordinate with local people and ability to work independently
• Be proficient in English skills; speaking, reading and writing. Ability to speak any ethnic group languages will be given preference
• Good computer skills including MS. Office. Knowledge of CAD software is highly desirable.
• Ability to speak any ethnic group language in Laos is considerable.
• Women are encouraged to apply.
The detailed job descriptions for positions can be obtained at PRF website: http://www.prflaos.org or at PRF office.
How to ApplyAll interested applicants should submit (1) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (2) a detailed CV with one (3x4) photo and (3) supporting documents (certificate of the most recent employment, certificates of qualification/graduation, transcript of graduation, a list of at least three referees, etc) to the HR Officer,Poverty Reduction Fund, Prime Minister’s Office 501 building, Sisavathtai Village, Chanthabouly District, P.O Box 4625 Vientiane, Tel: 021 261479 - 80, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Deadline for applications: 11 August 2014 Please note that all submitted documents will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be informed.
1598 total views, 2 today