Full-Time PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
(Announcement No. 14/26)
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
POSITION: Procurement Supervisor, FSN-9
OPENING DATE: September 08, 2014
CLOSING DATE: September 19, 2014
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Actual grade and salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
NOTE: THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL COME UNDER LOCAL LABOR LAW, AND BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE EMBASSY’S LOCAL COMPENSATION PLAN. ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN LAOS AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane is seeking an individual for the position of Procurement Supervisor in the General Services Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The procurement supervisor leads a four-person team of procurement agents who accomplish local and foreign purchases of supplies and services for the embassy. These purchases include but are not limited to furniture, appliances, telecommunications services, contracted maintenance services, technical medical equipment, and materials for cultural events. The supervisor reviews requests for completeness and conducts market research to ensure competition and fair pricing. Supervisor negotiates with vendors and tracks purchase orders. Supervisor trains and coaches his/her procurement agents on policies and procedures.
Supervisor leads bidding process for large scale projects by coordinating requests for proposals, managing the bidding submission process, communicating with bidders and aiding technical experts in procurement procedures.
Supervisor reports to the General Services Officer in the Management Section.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: 4 year university/college degree in Administration, Business, Finance, Law or Management.
2. Prior Work Experience: At least three years of previous senior-level experience in purchasing, procurement or contract management.
3. Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluently spoken and written) English and Lao required. Must be able to read English-language contracts and explain them in Lao. Must be able to draft routine correspondence in both languages and to facilitate working level contacts within the Embassy as well as with local businesses.
4. Knowledge: Good knowledge of purchasing and procurement in a government, international organization, business or non-governmental organization (NGO). Knowledge of local business practices. Thorough knowledge of Word and Excel required. Must be familiar with general office procedures including filing, typing and drafting correspondence.
5. Skills and Abilities: The incumbent must be able to: develop and manage a team; work with minimum supervision; organize and coordinate complex bidding processes; establish and maintain professional contacts; and effectively handle a variety of administrative tasks. Must exhibit initiative, detail-orientation, ethical behavior and good project management. Must possess strong interpersonal skills, and good oral communication.
How to ApplyInterested applicants for this position must submit the following for the application to be considered: 1. Universal Application for Employment (Form DS-174). Download the form at: http://laos.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html 2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. 3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that dresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO Human Resources Office American Embassy Rue Bartholonie, That Dam PO Box 114, Vientiane, Laos (Hardcopy or e-mail attachments are accepted) POINT OF CONTACT Telephone: 856-21-267176 Fax: 856-21-267140 E-mail: VientianeHRO@state.gov Interested persons should contact Embassy Human Resources Office for more information. Blank application forms may be picked up from the cabinet inside the Embassy entrance. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: September 19, 2014 An Equal Opportunity Employer
1649 total views, 2 today