Full-Time NATIONAL TECHNICAL ADVISOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR LAO NATIONAL
National Technical Advisor for the MFWG
1 year contract, renewable
The Microfinance Working Group for the Lao PDR (MFWG) is the national network of the regulated microfinance sector in the Lao PDR. It was established in May 2007 by a group of microfinance practitioners as a platform to exchange experience, represent microfinance sector interests and coordinate donor activities.
At present, the MFWG has 40 members, including 26 MFIs (representing 60% of the formal microfinance sector), 8 donors / bi-multi-lateral agencies / INGOs and 6 resource persons / consultants. The MFWG provides services in the areas of knowledge management/research & representation, advocacy, and capacity building.
The MFWG based in Vientiane Capital is seeking a qualified and experienced National Technical Advisor.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Organize, coordinate and oversee training courses for MFWG members in line with the MFWG work plan, in particular a Microfinance Certificate course for Managers of MFIs
• Broker scholarships for participation in (inter-)national MF trainings and events and organize exposure visits/internships with host MFIs for MFWG members
• Edit a semi-annual MFWG newsletter with microfinance sector relevant information
• Attend major conferences and workshops on microfinance and disseminate relevant information to members
• Conduct regular member meetings with focus topics relevant to the Lao MF sector
• Translate technical documents as required from English into Lao and vice versa
• Prepare funding proposals, annual work plans and budgets
• Produce regular progress reports
• Supervise the annual audit
• Establish and manage good donor/technical partner agencies relationships
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or related business degree
• At least 5 years work experience in international cooperation, preferably in the field of microfinance
• Strong negotiation, advocacy and consensus-building skills
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic management concepts, such as planning, organizational development, controlling, M&E
• Good financial management skills
• If possible training skills and experience
• Ability to write funding proposals and business plans
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent English language skills (written/verbal)
• Strong interpersonal, networking skills
• Able to establish good working relationships with different microfinance stakeholders (microfinance practitioners, donors, bi/multi-lateral agencies, (I)NGOs, service providers, policy makers, Government authorities/line ministries, etc.)
Start date for this position: ASAP
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a full application to:
Microfinance Working Group for the Lao PDR (MFWG), 113/01, Setthathirath Street, Mixai Village, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR, Tel/Fax: +856 21 262 979, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15th March 2013. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on MFWG refer to: www.mfwglaopdr.org
1708 total views, 2 today