Full-Time LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
(Announcement No. 12/50)
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
POSITION: Logistics Assistant (JPAC), FSN-7
OPENING DATE: September 5, 2012
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Actual salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
NOTE: THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL COME UNDER LOCAL LABOR LAW, AND BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE EMBASSY’S LOCAL COMPENSATION PLAN. ALL ORDINARY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN LAOS AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane is seeking an individual for the position of Logistics Assistant in the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Primary Procurement Logistician is responsible for the coordination, construction, and breakdown of Joint Field Activity (JFA) operations and assists the Detachment Three logistics NCO with all matters to fulfill the JPAC mission. Orders, receives, and accounts for supplies. Creates, revises and quality checks all diplomatic notes, in charge of coordinating and monitoring the JPAC fleet vehicle monthly and quarterly vehicle maintenance program. Assists with translating from Lao to English and English to Lao, both oral and written.
Deploys to assist in setting up and breaking down base camp and field site facilities. Also serves as the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command chauffeur when required in conjunction with the primary duties. Transports JPAC logistic personnel to and from primary places of duty in Laos and Thailand. Purchases supplies and delivers to Det-3, delivers diplomatic notes, over flight letters to MFA, MND, airport and other agencies/Ministries as required. All logistic support to all major events, awards, and promotion ceremonies such as the Detachment Three Change of Command, military personnel awards and promotion ceremonies, and POW/MIA day ceremony.
1) Education: The position requires the completion of university or college studies level.
2) Prior Work Experience: The position requires at least three years experience in clerical and logistical fields including warehouse management and procurement activities. Must have two years of general household maintenance training and must have a basic understanding of tools used for service and repair.
3) Language Proficiency: Good working knowledge of English (Level III). Must be able to speak, read and write. Must be able to transcribe English to Lao and Lao to English.
4) Knowledge: An understanding of routine office procedures and office organization, understand basic procurement and supplies procedures. Know how to set up a base camp and how to use its facilities.
5) Skills and Abilities: Must be able to function independently when necessary and complete task within reasonable time frame. Must be able to maintain and organize office environment. Must be able to use computer to include Microsoft word processing, Excel spreadsheet, Microsoft PowerPoint. Be able to lift a minimum 30 lbs weight. Posses valid driving license for passenger cars.
How to ApplyInterested applicants for this position must submit the following for the application to be considered:1. Universal Application for Employment (Form DS-174). Download the form at: http://laos.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.SUBMIT APPLICATION TOHuman Resources OfficeAmerican EmbassyRue Bartholonie, That DamPO Box 114, Vientiane, Laos(Hardcopy or e-mail attachments are accepted)POINT OF CONTACTTelephone: 856-21-267176Fax: 856-21-267140E-mail: VientianeHR@state.govInterested persons should contact Embassy Human Resources Office for more information. Blank application forms may be picked up from the cabinet inside the Embassy entrance.Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: September 21, 2012An Equal Opportunity Employer
2108 total views, 2 today