Full-Time LOCAL LOGISTIC OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Ministry of Health
The Principal Recipient (PR) Office
Vacancy Announcement for Local Logistic Officer (Re-advertised)
The Principal Recipient office (Ministry of Health) received since 2003, 12 grants from the Global Fund to fight HIV AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria implemented by Ministry of Health and related local and international organizations. Three (3) grants are currently active.
The Principal Recipient provides Procurement and Logistics services, Monitoring and Evaluation expertise and Financial Management Systems to a number of Sub-Recipients (SR) who are directly responsible for implementing prevention, care and treatment intervention programs in Lao PDR.
To complete its logistic team the Principal Recipient is seeking one full time local logistic Officer to be based in Vientiane office.
Main responsibilities: Under the supervision of the head of finance and logistic unit:
- Over see distribution management of drug and health products of HIV/AIDS component
- Over see stock management
- Assist in facilitation of Quality assurance (QA)
- Over see fixed assets management
- Assist in provision of training and re-training to SRs on logistic management
- Assist in perform monitoring and evaluation of SRs and provinces
- Assist in facilitation of external auditors during their audit assignment on logistic management
- Contribute to system and procedure improvement
- Assist in performing SR assessment if any
- A degree in business, accounting, pharmacy, procurement and logistic and related field ( Bachelor/Master),
- At least three years of recent and relevant logistic work experience.
- Comprehensive computer skills in Excel and other software packages.
- Experience with computerized stock accounting packages is an advantage.
- Fluency in English – written and spoken
- Familiarity with government and international aid project operations. Especially relevant, experience with Global Fund, World Bank or other grant/loan/donor funded projects will be advantage.
- Tolerant and patient when working under difficult and demanding conditions.
- Experience as a Trainer and in using training methodologies,
- Open to learn new techniques.
- A willingness to travel to provinces of Laos for short durations
- Self-directed and team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain further information or Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours, 08:30 -16:30 hours.
The interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV to the address below no later than 4 February 2013.
Attention to: Dr. Chanmy Sramany
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
1520 total views, 3 today