Full-Time JUNIOR LAND MANAGEMENT ADVISOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Junior Land Management Advisor
GIZ Land Management and Rural Economic Development Programme (GIZ/LM-RED) under the Lao-German Cooperation started its operation on 01 November 2011. GIZ/LM-RED’s period divided in to phases: the 1st phase is from 01 November 2011-30 September; the 2nd phase is from 01 October 2014-30 September 2017. GIZ/LM-RED is comprised of three components: (1) land management, (2) decentralized development planning, and (3) rural economic development (which includes two sub-components: (1) investment promotion, (2) agricultural promotion development).
Whilst the land management component has been operated in only Luangnamtha province, the other two components have been operated in all three target provinces: Luangnamtha, Sayaboury and Attapeu.
Starting Date: 01 January 2013
Work Location: Vientiane Capital City
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Assist LMC TL in monitoring, managing and supervising staff and ensuring that they provide cost-effective services
• Assist LMC TL to plan, coordinate and organize tasks within the LMC team
Professional advisory services
• Assist LMC TL to advise partner institution(s) on order clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input on land management policy and procedure harmonization, activity planning and improvement, implementation of key functions in land management and capacity building and liaison building between the departments and relevant agencies at all levels
• Assist LMC TL to deal with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the LMC’s and programme’s area of activity
• Assist LMC TL to monitor LMC progress, reviews reports and documents on the progress the programmes, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternative management options to the programme director
• Assist LMC TL to Supervise development and implementation of programme plan and LMC activities in close coordination with counter partners
• Assist LMC TL in defining terms of reference, selection, and supervision of contracted third parties in carrying out LMC activities, including performance evaluation
• Assist LMC TL to develop and organize quality assurance and proposes necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives
Networking and cooperation
• Assist LMC TL to co-operates with and ensures regular contacts, dialogues: does PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the programme’s environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships
• Assist LMC TL to communicate and channel local interests and aspirations and exchanges ideas and information for the benefit of the programme/LMC
• Assist LMC TL to compile information on Land Management and ensure knowledge transfer
• Assist LMC TL to prepare reports and presentation materials
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field
• At least 5 years’ professional experience, with at least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• A proven track record in a program/project management assistant position
• Fluent written and oral knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, e.g. English
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Women are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send application- CV and a covering letter explaining how your experience meets the requirements latest by 15 December 2012 to HR Division of GIZ Office Vientiane, P.O.Box 9233, Vientiane Capital, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated confidentially and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1529 total views, 2 today