Full-Time ENGINEERING TECHNICAL SUPPORT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT -Lao National Position
Foundation Caritas Luxembourg (Caritas) is an international non-government organization, working for the fundamental rights of all people to secure access to food, water, health, education, employment and income, around the world. In Lao PDR Caritas supports 10 poor villages in Thathom District, Xiengkhouang Province, especially women, to build sustainable livelihoods, and to reduce their vulnerability to natural disaster. Recently, Caritas has started a sub-project called Strengthening Equal Access to Education project in Thathom district, Xiengkouang province. Therefore, we are now looking for the experienced, and highly motivated Project Coordinator –School Construction Engineering, to join the team in the Field office based in Thathom District office, Xiengkhouang Province.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineering Technical Support
– Work closely with the district and provincial engineers, government counterparts, contractors and program manager to conduct feasibility studies and design dormitory and school construction;
– Oversee and manage all technical aspects of the SEAE project’s construction to ensure high quality technical standards, effective and transparent budgeting and expenditure, following Caritas Luxembourg’s policies and procedures;
• University qualification in Architectural Engineering or relevant fields;
• At last 3 years relevant experience in supervising residential construction, especially school and dormitory construction, experience of working with INGOs;
• Fluency in Lao language and intermediate English comprehension; and be able to produce high quality project reports;
• Strong IT skills and familiarity with MS Office, MS Window, AutoCAD and Internet including Email;
• Experience in architectural design is advantage;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with an ability to relate to people from range of backgrounds in an appropriate and effective manner; Strong, demonstrable skills in teamwork and conflict resolution;
• Strong community and government counterpart facilitation skills and experience of working in rural communities;
• High commitment to eradicating barriers inhibiting gender equality and advancement of the poorest;
• Mature, dynamic, hardworking and able to manage multiple priorities; and be willing and flexible to support the overall mission of Caritas Luxembourg Country field office in Lao PDR;
• Be able to live and work in remote rural location with basic conditions and services.
Competitive salary and staff benefit package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet these requirements are invited to apply by sending: Application letter, update Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies
of relevant certificate by e-mail to: email@example.com or contract address: Haisok village, House No: 083, Unit
01Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital P.O Box: 2079;Tel/Fax: (+856)-21-254451. The Job description is available upon your request.
Caritas Luxembourg strives to promote equal employment opportunities for women and people with disability
Applications will be closed on 17 September 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
1486 total views, 2 today