Procurement of 1 Unit of Off-Road, 4 Doors SUV, 4 Wheels Drive, Diesel Engine
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Ministry of Education and Sport
Department of Planning
Second Education Development Project-Additional Financing grant No.: H541-LA.
IFB Title: Procurement of 1 Unit of Off-Road, 4 Doors SUV, 4 Wheels Drive, Diesel Engine
Bid package No.: NCB/g-04/2012
– The government of Lao PDR has received a grant from the IBRD/IDA (World Bank) acting as
Administrator of grant Funds Provided under Second Education Development Project-Additional Financing
(EDPII-AF) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the Contract for
Procurement of 1 unit of off-road, 4 doors SUV, 4 Wheels Drive, Diesel Engine for EDPII-AF.
– The Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES), ESDF Coordination Unit now invites sealed bid from interesting and eligible bidders for procurement of 1 unit of off-road, 4 doors Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) for using in facilitation within ESDF Coordination Unit (ECU) and traveling to field visit at various sites under Program:
Descriptions: 1 unit of off-road, 4 doors SUV, 4 wheels drive, diesel engine
Delivery schedule: 60 days
Final Destinations: Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES)
– Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures in accordance with the Decree of Prime Minister on government Procurement of goods, Construction, Maintenance and Service, 03/PM dated January 9, 2004 and the Implementing Rules and Regulations on Decree of government Procurement of goods, Works, Maintenance and Service, 0063/MOF dated March 12, 2004 specified in the grant Agreement between Lao People’s Democratic Republic and International Bank for Reconstruction and Development/International Development Association dated August 12, 2010.
– This Procurement is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines.
– Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES),
ESDF Coordination Unit (ECU) and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
– A complete set of bidding documents in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the
submission of a writing application to the address below beginning 27 July 2012 and upon payment of a
non-refundable fee of LAK200,000 (Two hundred thousand Lao kip). The method of payment will be in cash.
– Bids must be delivered to the address below at 14:00 pm local time on Friday 31 August 2012, at 425 conference room, 4th floor, New Building, Ministry of Education and Sports. Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened to the bidders.
All Bids will be opened at the same date and time as deadline mentioned above in the presence of the Bidding Committees and bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below:
– All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in amount of USD 700 (Seven hundred US Dollars) or LAK 5,600,000 (Five million Six hundred thousand Lao Kip). The bid Security form shall be a bank guarantee in accordance with the provided form in the Bidding Document (Form g-6).
Attention: Ms. Khampaseuth KITIGNAVONG
Deputy Director general of Department of Planning
EDP II-AF Program Director
Address: Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES)
Department of Planning (DP)
Second Education Development Project-Additional Financing
Conference room No. 425, 4th floor, New Building.
Lane Xang Avenue, P.O Box 67
Vientiane, LAO PDR.
Tel/Fax: (856-21) 243 672