Full-Time WATER AND SANITATION OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in Attapeu Province
Health Poverty Action Background:
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO, which has worked in Laos since 1994. Our mission is to support poor people in their efforts to achieve better health and well being. HPA has recently received funding from the EC and DFID for a project which aims to reduce the prevalence of malnutrition amongst children under-five years in Attapeu Province. We are now looking for motivated Lao national staff to fill in the following positions:
Water and Sanitation Officer
Summary of Duties:
To be responsible for implementing Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) activities in the communities as well as in the schools in collaboration with provincial and district Nam Saat staff and also for capacity building of the provincial and district Nam Saat staff as well as the community water groups and technicians.
• Facilitate the community planning process with the Village Development Committees (VDCs) in the target villages to improve access to safe drinking water
• Facilitate the establishing and training of Community Water Use Groups
• Assist the communities to design practical water systems
• Work with the schools in the target villages to improve the water supplies in these schools
• Conduct CLTS triggering in all the target villages to improve the construction and use of family latrines.
• Work with the school in the target villages to assist latrine construction in
• Work with the health and nutrition facilitator to organize health education activities in the communities and schools focusing on hand washing with soaps
How to Apply
For full Job Description and an Application Form, please e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the HPA Laos office: 381 Ban Phonthan Neua, Saysettha District, Vientiane, phone: 021-264960/265272 or fax: 021 264961.
Women are encouraged to apply
The closing date for applications is 20 Feb 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1803 total views, 2 today