NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ProCEEd (Promotion of Climate-related Environmental Education) is a Lao-German cooperation project with the objective to improve knowledge, attitudes and behavior in respect of the environment, biodiversity and climate change in Laos through communication and education. ProCEEd is implemented by the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion (DEQP) at the Lao Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE) in cooperation with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). ProCEEd will combine strategy work on the national level with communication and learning processes at provincial, district and village level. ProCEEd is now seeking 1 qualified Laotian candidate for a Translator position (full time).
The translator will be responsible for providing required translation services (Lao-English/ English-Lao) and will be based at the GIZ ProCEEd Office at MONRE/DEQP and will work under the overall guidance of ProCEEd’s Team Leader and day-to-day supervision of the Office Manager.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration of Assignment: 12 months
Work Location: Vientiane Capital
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Translate project related documents and reports on a variety of subjects;
- Translate relevant regulations and official documents (Lao/ English);
- Provide interpretation (English/Lao) for international staff during meetings and field trips;
- Provide interpretation in multilateral events and conferences, and
- Carry out any other duties according to skills and experience as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
She/he must /should have:
- University degree in foreign languages or relevant equivalent experience;
- At least 3 years experience as translator/ interpreter in the context of natural resource management projects, preferably with knowledge on Forest Management and Climate Change related terminology;
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Excellent command of English – speaking, reading and writing;
- Good communication, moderation and inter-personal skills
- Must be able to travel to the provinces on occasion
Women are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter explaining how your experience meets the requirements latest by Friday, 19 July 2013, at 4.00pm to HR Unit of GIZ Office Vientiane, P.O. Box 9233, Tel. 021 353605, Vientiane Capital, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1988 total views, 1 today