NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Lao-German bilateral technical cooperation is currently setting up the follow up module of the Hin Nam No project within the program Sustainable Climate friendly
Management of the Environment and Natural Resources.The objective of the project is for the park authorities and the local population to conserve in mutual agreement (co-management approach) the biodiversity of Hin Nam No National Protected Area. The project will combine strategy, policy work on the national level with field piloting and implementation at provincial, district and village level.
It will be implemented as cooperation between the Provincial Office of Natural Resources and Environment (PoNRE) in Khammouane Province and the Deutsche Gesellschaftfuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The Hin Nam No project is now looking for a Translator.
Starting Date: 1 October 2014
Work Location: Thakhek, Khammouane Provinc
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Translate project related documents and reports on a variety of subjects;
• Translate relevant regulations and official documents (Lao/ English);
• Provide interpretation (English/Lao) for international staff during meetings and field trips;
• Provide interpretation in multilateral events and conferences, and
• Carry out any other duties according to skills and experience as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
She/he must /should have:
• University degree in foreign languages or relevant equivalent experience;
• At least 3 years experienceas translator/ interpreter in the context of natural resource management projects, preferably with knowledge on Forest Management and Climate Change related terminology;
• Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
• Excellent command of English -speaking, reading and writing;
• Good communication, moderation and inter-personal skills
Must be able to travel to the capital city or Bualapha District on occasion
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send an application with a comprehensive CV including at least three reliable references and a covering letter explaining how their experience meets the requirements latest by 29 August2014 to HR Unit of GIZ office Vientiane, P.O. Box 9233, Vientiane Capital, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications will be treated confidentially and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1349 total views, 1 today