NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Rural Infrastructure Programme (RIP)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TRANSLATOR
The Rural Infrastructure Programme Phase V is implementing rural road and market construction/improvement works in Dakcheung District of Xekong Province, among others. GITEC Consult GmbH are seeking one qualified Lao National Translator who will work under the overall guidance of the Project Coordinator/Office Manager, as follows:
Duty Station: Xekong Provincial Capital, with occasional field trips to Dakcheung District
Contract Period: up to 20 months
Starting Date: during October 2013
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Translation of documents from Lao to English and vice versa
• Acting as interpreter during meetings with government departments, offices, during workshops/training courses, and in villages during field trips
• Provide English language training to interested departmental staff
Qualifications and Required Experience:
• University degree in English language or adequate equivalent training/experience
• At least one year of experience as Lao-English translator/Interpreter, including experience in the field of engineering/technical English, and in rural areas
• Adequate computer skills (including Lao and English typing, and Powerpoint)
• Very good command of English language (speaking, reading and writing)
• Good communication and inter-personal skills, and ability to work in a team
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements may apply by sending their covering letter, CV and contact details of three references to:
The Project Coordinator, RIP Email: email@example.com
Closing date for the receipt of applications is 27.09.2013. All applications will be treated confidentially and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
1599 total views, 1 today