Temporary TEMPORARY RECEPTIONIST
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Mekong River Commission
The role of MRC is to promote and coordinate sustainable management and development of water and related resources for the countries’ mutual benefit and the people’s well-being MRC Secretariat is now recruiting a highly qualified Lao candidate for the position of:
Temporary Receptionist (Re-announcement)
Division/Section : Administration Unit, Finance & Administration Section (FAS)
Work location : Mekong River Commission Secretariat, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Contract type/ Duration : 06 months (Service Contract)
- Attend to/screen official visitors, guests and other external clients; issue building passes, as appropriate;
- Operate switchboard to relay incoming and outgoing call; take and relay telephone messages to concerned parties;
- Assist staff in placing international calls and keep records of those calls and prepare monthly report and telephone billing statements of official/personal calls for appropriate charging;
- Update telephone directory;
- Assist in the preparation and making arrangements for official functions and activities;
- Assist in registering incoming and outgoing correspondences and other documentations when necessary;
- Perform other duties related to the post as required by the supervisor.
- Two-year college or vocational school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required. Bachelor degree or further training is an advantage;
- At least one year experience in a clerical or administrative post, or related work;
- Good knowledge of office procedures, including computer skills and use of office equipment;
- Demonstrated good service minded and communication skills;
- Fluency in English, especially spoken English, is required. Working knowledge of more than one riparian language is desirable.
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained from the MRC website
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
How to ApplyApplication procedures: Only Lao National is eligible to apply. The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter. The application should be sent to: Mekong River Commission Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR Email: email@example.com Closing date for applications: 18 May 2015
923 total views, 1 today