Full-Time Technical Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The World Health Organization has a vacancy for the position of:
Technical Officer (Health Systems), NPO (NOA)
Purpose of the post:
To provide technical and administrative support to health systems, and more specifically in the implementation and monitoring of the joint project between the International Labour Organization (ILO) and World Health Organization (WHO): ‘Supporting the establishment of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Lao People’s Democratic Republic and the extension of coverage.’ Technical areas to be covered include: social health protection, health insurance, health financing policy and regulations, costing, management and information systems, human resources for health, minimum benefit package, risk pool, provider payment mechanisms, evaluation methods (sampling, quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, analysis and reporting).
(1) Supports the Government counterparts at all levels in the implementation and monitoring of the project activities and administrative tasks, with especial attention to stakeholders at the district level;
(2) Collaborates with WHO and ILO technical staff involved in social heath protection and assist in carrying out joint activities that will strengthen the existing schemes, contribute to the extension of their coverage and the establishment of the new National Health Insurance Agency;
(3) Facilitates coordination among agencies and other stakeholders by preparing for and participating in relevant meetings;
(4) Contributes to the design and implementation of the project evaluation;
(5) Contributes to the planning of the second phase of the project;
(6) Provides support to the Programme Management Officer (Health Systems) and Technical Officer (Health Financing and Health Systems) in the implementation of activities under assessed contribution and voluntary contribution funded programmes and facilitate coordination with the Ministry of Health, WHO WPRO, Headquarters, and other funding agencies on relevant issues;
(7) Coordinates and facilitates activities for country missions, international consultants, and trainings;
(8) Participates in field visits as necessary;
(9) Provides inputs (quantitative and qualitative) for the preparation of draft reports and other project related documents as needed; and
(10) Performs other related duties as may be required.
University degree in social sciences or health sciences from a recognized university.
Postgraduate qualification in any of the following fields: financial management, development or public health
Knowledge & skills:
Broad knowledge in programme/project planning, project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in health systems and preferably on social health protection. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a diverse developing-country setting. Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct
Minimum of one year of experience in programme development, in areas relevant to health.
Experience in working with international organizations. Experience in collaborative programmes.
Experience in providing technical and administrative support to government counterparts. Experience in working in the context of a developing country.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and local language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit applications in the English language with a subject “ Technical Officer (Health Systems), NPO (NOA)” to the below address by 31 May 2012.
The World Health Organization
125 Saphanthong Road,
Unit 5 Ban Saphanthong Tai,
P.O. Box 343
Vientiane, Lao P.D.R.
Fax: (856) 21 353905
Tel: (856) 21 353902-904
1176 total views, 1 today