Full-Time TECHNICAL EXPERTISE POSITIONS
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Chemonics seeks technical experts for the anticipated USAID-funded Clean Power Asia (CPA) project. The goal of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate regional transition to high performing, low carbon power sector. The project will assist the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and help establish effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low-emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously attracting public- and private-sector investment in Renewable Energy development. We are looking for qualified individuals with technical expertise in one or more of the following areas who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Power Sector Planning Experts –
- Experience with one or more of the following tasks: 1) advising and capacity building of government agencies, utilities and other energy stakeholders to facilitate power sector planning for high renewable energy scenarios and 2) assisting governments in assessing, preparation and development of renewable energy zones.
- Enabling Environment Experts –
Experience with one or more of the following tasks: 1) supporting the design and implementation of policy support mechanisms to achieve RE targets 2) assisting partner countries in the development of policy, regulatory and procedural frameworks to facilitate RE deployment 3) providing technical trainings to policymakers on variable renewable energy (VRE) grid integration challenges and solutions 4) evaluating interconnection standards and grid codes for VRE generation and 5) providing targeted technical support for grid code development and interconnection equipment standards for VRE.
- Public-Private Investment Experts –
- Experience with one or more of the following tasks: 1) Mobilizing private and public sector investment for renewable energy power development 2) providing transaction consulting services and capacity building for financiers and project developers and 3) linking project developers with diverse project financing mechanisms for renewable energy projects.
- Renewable Energy Coordination and Learning Experts –
- Experience with one or more of the following tasks: 1) engaging and coordinating with renewable energy stakeholders, project implementers, donor agencies, and governments to enhance capacity and promote public outreach/awareness on the clean energy sector and 2) developing and disseminating case studies, lessons learned, best practices, success stories, and other communications pieces, through channels that would reach multi-stakeholders including women’s businesses.
- Master’s degree in environmental management, economics, energy-related engineering, energy policy, or finance; education beyond a master’s degree in a related field is a plus
- Five years or more of relevant experience in one or more of the technical areas listed above and understanding of key stakeholders in energy project development
- Energy sector work experience in Southeast Asian countries, especially in the Lower Mekong region and ASEAN developing countries
- Gender expertise coupled with energy experience is a plus
- Monitoring and evaluation experience is a plus
- Experience with USAID or other international donor projects preferred
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral communication skills
How to ApplyApplication Instructions: Send electronic submissions to MekongEnergy@chemonics.comn by February 15, 2016. Please include “specific position title” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
1106 total views, 1 today