Full-Time SOCIAL INCLUSION COORDINATOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Social Inclusion Coordinator
Handicap International (HI) has been active in Lao P.D.R. since 1996. The organization’s vision is of a Lao society where all adults and children live as equal individuals in a safe environment.
Handicap International (HI) is currently seeking a qualified and motivated person to work in the position of Social Inclusion Coordinator
Position type: Full Time
Base location: Vientiane Capital
Main responsibilities and activities:
- Participate in the development and review of Handicap International’s Inclusion Strategy in Lao PDR;
- Participate in the development of concept notes and project funding proposals.
- Ensure partner and stakeholder participation in the definition of HI strategies and proposal development processes;
- Lead the drafting and finalization of required MoU and/or partnership agreements;
- Provide overall support to partner organizations in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of activities defined within MoU and/or partnership agreements;
- Mobilize technical resources (internal advisors, short term consultants, HQ support, etc.) to support definition and development of project approach, methodology and relevant tools for implementation;
- Lead the development of assessment tools and procedures to identify project strengths and weaknesses (i.e. partner capacity development, beneficiary knowledge attitude and behavior change, etc.);
- Coordinate quarterly meetings with the project team(s) to review project progress and update annual budget and work plans.
- Coordinate annual project review/planning meetings with partners and staff to analyze project strengths, weaknesses and lessons learned and develop annual action planning;
- Participate in relevant national working groups and/or technical meetings and workshops and actively promote Handicap International’s disability inclusive development approach and methodology;
- Lao National
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- At least 3 years working experience in project management with an INGO or development organization.
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in civil society development, specifically in relation to disability, gender, child rights and/or other sectors of social inclusion.
- Leadership, ability to work proactively and take initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Experience in managing sub-grant mechanisms to support civil society development
- Experience in supporting development of national/sectoral policy development and strategic action planning
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
Handicap International (HI) offers: approximate net salary from LAK 8.600.000 to LAK 8.900.000 (depending on qualifications) + benefits (13th month, insurances, etc.).
How to ApplyApplicants should email a letter of interest (no more than one page) and CV (no more than two pages, containing the contact details of 3 references) to the address below by 20 November 2015. State clearly in the Email subject the position being applied for. Attention: email@example.com (Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted) Handicap International PO Box: 2496, 51/1 Hongkae Road, Ban Sisangvone, Vientiane Tel: (021) 412 110; FAX: (021) 416 242;
1100 total views, 3 today