Short Term SHORT-TERM NATIONAL NUTRITION CONSULTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF)
Request for Expression of Interest for
Short-term National Nutrition Consultant
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Project: The Poverty Reduction Fund/Livelihood Opportunities & Nutrition Gains (LONG)
Description: Short- term National Nutrition Consultant for LONG pilot project
Grant No.: JSDF TF 097786
Project No.: P 123891
Issue Date: 18/03/2014 Closing Date: 31/03/2014
The Government of Laos, with support from the World Bank, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, AusAID and Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF) has set up the Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF) to deliver small scale development project including support to livelihood activities at the Koumban and Village levels. The project is now seeking for a position of Short-term National Nutrition Consultant for Livelihood Opportunities and Nutrition Gains (LONG) Pilot Project based in Vientiane Office.
Scope of work:
(i) Train National, Provincial and District Teams (incl. young graduates) on VNC implementation (following the VNC Manual) and technical aspect of nutrition together with MOH staff.
(ii) Prepare work plans for VNC activity 1-5 (including work plans for monthly clinics with DHO/HC).
(iii) Review and finalize the behavior change framework which is available (including messages for VNC activity 4 and 5)
(iv) Finalize the curriculum for VNC activity 4 with inputs from PRF LONG team
(v) Finalize the curriculum for VNC activity 5 with inputs from MOH and PRF LONG team
(vi) Prepare an IEC product plan (including use of existing materials from other projects and design of new IEC as needed)
(vii) Train on appropriate recipes during the 1,000 day window (e.g. TIPP recipes developed by MOH)
(viii) Support the procurement and production of necessary equipment (e.g. weighing scales, height measurement boards, growth monitoring charts).
(ix) Supervise the implementation of the VNC (5 activities) at village level following the VNC manual and provide mentoring services to young graduates and District Nutrition Coordinator as needed to assure quality of implementation
(x) Oversee the preparation of monitoring reports (LONG MIS form 5 and 6 as well as organized summary statistics for the DHO/HC on the monthly clinic) to assure quality and accuracy in the data collection, monitoring and implementation process and make recommendations on its improvement
(xi) Review the budget plan and disbursement summaries prepared by the Head of LONG with regard to logistical aspects and field work
(xii) Represent the project in meeting with the donor, MOH and other partners as regards to nutrition technical aspects.
The specific tasks or detailed job descriptions can be obtained at PRF website http://www.prflaos.org or at PRF Office).
Required qualifications and experience:
• An advanced university degree, Social Sciences, Rural Development, Economics, Development studies or other relevant field;
• At least 5 years of experience in multi-sectoral project management in decentralized and Community Development approaches is required;
• Experience in working with – in particular training of ethnic groups in mountainous and remote areas through bottom up and participatory approaches reflective of community needs;
• Experience in the implementation of program with focus on gender promotion;
• Experience in agriculture-based nutrition activities, handicraft or other micro-enterprise;
• Experience of project preparation, design, monitoring, coordination support and institutional strengthening;
• Experience in training of Project staff for community development operations;
• Strong analytical skills for project design and for incorporating of best practices and lesson learned;
• Excellent knowledge of the different stakeholders involved in rural development activities in Lao PDR (government and donors community);
• Fluency in English and Lao (writing, editing, reporting and speaking);
• Perfect command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Email and Internet);
• Familiarity with projects financed by the World Bank is an advantage
• Women are encouraged to apply
• Lao National only.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should submit (1) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the required qualifications and experience of the position mentioned above, (2) a detailed CV with one (3x4) photo and (3) supporting documents (certificate of the most recent employment, certificates of qualification/graduation, transcript of graduation, a list of at least three referees from most recent work places, etc) to the HR Officer, Poverty Reduction Fund, Prime Minister’s Office 501 building, Sisavathtai Village, Chanthabouly District, P.O Box 4625 Vientiane, Tel: 021 261479 - 80, Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that all submitted documents will not be returned. PRF provides competitive salary and benefits.
Deadline for applications: 31/03/2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for negotiation
1530 total views, 2 today