Full-Time SHELTER MANAGER (Female)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Investing in local leaders to create global change
VACCANCY FOR LAO NATIONAL
Shelter Manager (Female):
Protection and Empowerment of Women and Children (PEWC) programme
Village Focus International (VFI) is an INGO working in the Lao PDR since 2001. VFI is looking to fill the position of Shelter Manager, who will be responsible for leading the shelter team, to manage a shelter for trafficking survivors especially women and children. This position will be based in Vientiane capital.
- Be leader for the shelter component in Vientiane capital.
- Provide technical assistance and advise the shelter team to ensure that smooth running of the activities, effectively and follow the plan.
- Monitor of the shelter policy, roles and child protection policy are effectively implement at the shelter
- Provide Cleary on residents rights, shelter policy, and resident roles to the new admitted shelter residents
- Supervise staff to document and update the resident’s data regularly.
- Prepare resident individual planning and review to ensure that meet with the resident goal
- Prepare case study to PM every quarterly
- Over see the individual and group case counseling with the counselor to ensure effectively rehabilitation progress.
- Prepare monthly planning and reporting to project manager
- Assist to prepare yearly, and quarterly plan and report to donor and government counterpart when require.
- Conduct staff weekly, and monthly meeting to plan and feed back
- Conduct weekly and monthly resident meeting to feed back of the shelter services, residents feeling and improve performance
- Organize and facilitate the case conference meetings with social worker team to prepare case planning and case reintegration
- Assist to conduct case management meeting with government partner for special case when require.
- Communicate and coordinate with other project stakeholders and government partners in order to build a strong network and present of the shelter activity.
Qualification and Experiences
- Bachelor Degree in social or related field
- Ability to develop plans and reports in Lao and English (with minimal assistance)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of management experience
- Experience working with NGOs
- Basic understanding of trafficking, CRC, CEDEW and related issues
- Computer skills: word processing, Excel, power point, email, internet
- Leadership skills: able to train, supervise and manage team
- Fluency in spoken Lao and English
- Open-minded and willing to work with trafficking victims
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with other staff and partners.
- Ability to work on the weekend, holiday and emergency time when require
- Ability to communicate effectively and network with a range of stakeholders
- Ability/interest to work closely with Government, INGOs and the private sector
- Experience in and appreciation of ethnic minority groups and gender-related issues
- Able to travel in Laos and other country when require
How to ApplyPlease send your written application together with CV, copies of certificates and references by January 30th, 2016 to Kongseng SIRIVATH at firstname.lastname@example.org and Soyfa DALALOY at email@example.com or send to: VFILAO Box 4697 Vientiane, Lao PDR / Tel: 021 312519 / fax: 021 350740
680 total views, 4 today