Full-Time SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Vacancy for Lao National
Position Title: Senior Internal Auditor.
1. Conducts audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of organizational operations using professional audit standards and practices by:
2. Examining various departmental records and interviews staff to ensure accurate recording of transactions and compliance with the World Vision International policies and procedures.
3. Inspecting accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value in the recording and management of organization resources.
4. Reviewing records pertaining to fixed and movable assets to determine degree to which they are effectively, efficiently and economically utilized.
5. Analyzing data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in internal controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, and non-compliance with country laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
6. Prepares reports of audit results and recommendations to management using good written skills.
7. Conducts special reviews/investigations as directed.
8. Conducts compliance reviews of organization records to ensure compliance with Government statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment law and any other applicable local requirements.
9. Supervises and reviews the work of the Internal Auditors as assigned by the Audit Manager from time to time.
In the manager’s absence, to review all work papers and issue all the audit reports and reports on special investigations carried out by the staff members in the Internal Audit function.
10. Ensures that the audit programs and work practices within department are in compliance with the Institute of Internal
Auditors Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA), the US Government Generally
Accepted Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and the World Vision’s Financial Manual Internal Audit policies and procedures.
11. Assists in International audit assignments as required by the Audit Manager and/or the Regional Audit Manager.
12. Maintains Continuing Education (“CPE”) by attending professional seminars and trainings. The incumbent should maintain a minimum of 80 units every 2 years (with 24 in US government accounting/auditing).
1. Assist to Audit Manager to advice management on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies and all operations areas of the organization with a view of ensuring all management policies adequately mitigate the risks identified – this role will not include the development of the actual policies and systems.
2. Assist to Audit Manager to provide summaries of audit results and trends to management regularly and in subsequent audits determine that audit recommendations have been tracked and implemented by management.
3. Assist to Audit Manager to provided trainings on risk managements, internal controls, and fraud related topics, and consulting services, as appropriate.
Quality Assurance Improvement Program (QAIP):
1. QAIP is designed to enable an evaluation of the internal audit activity’s conformance with the
• Definition of Internal Auditing.
• The Standards.
• The Code of Ethics.
2. The QAIP also assesses the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal audit activity and identifies opportunities for improvement. This includes internal assessment and external assessment from peers.
3. Specific areas for improvements are:
• Shifting to paperless audits such as E-binders, E-work papers and E-review.
• Shifting to LAN based audit tracking system and other systems.
• Etc…-as defined in the annual audit plan.
Managing Internal Audit Team:
1. Assist to Audit Manager to conduct performance appraisals for all internal auditors and other staff directly reporting to the position.
2. Assist to Audit Manager to develop a system to ensure the quality of work done by the internal auditors is regularly reviewed and appraised and corrective action taken when necessary.
3. Assist to Audit Manager to plan for Continuous Professional Development for all Internal Auditors and either as individuals or as a team by facilitating their attendance at professional seminars and trainings by maintaining 80 units every two years (with 24 in US government accounting/auditing).
4. Assist to Audit Manager to prepare budget and monitor spending.
5. Assist to Audit Manager to attend to other administrative tasks such as: time sheets, leaves, etc.
Assisting WV GIA Audit and external audit:
1. Assist on international audit assignments as required by WVGIA Department.
2. Assist in selecting firms, planning, and performing annual external audit work on behalf of external auditors (if applicable and cost-effective).
Internal and External Coordination and Liaison:
• Maintain internal and external relations that will enhance audit engagement of WV LAOS.
• Maintain good work relationships with key managers and vendors.
• Contribute in continuous learning on appropriate Audit standards, procedures and tools that is appropriate to the context of WV LAOS.
• Share best practices in WV’s community of practice and centre of excellence.
• Share resources and appropriate materials and learning opportunities that are appropriate to their professional growth of internal auditors.
• Graduate preferably business related studies, if other must have full accounting qualifications as well.
• Full accounting or auditing qualifications – ACCA, CPA, CIA or other internationally recognized accounting/auditing qualification.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Systems, Polices, Business process, Internal Controls– This capability is about understanding, analysing and developing systems, internal controls, policies and guidelines to support financial and accounting processes, operational management, information flow and being able to spot/identify weaknesses/breakdown in the systems and controls or the absence thereof.
• Knowledge of Government Regulations/Rules (Legal Know-how) – Knowledge and understanding of government rules and regulations relating to corporations, taxation, donations, investments, banking, accounting, labour, contracts.
• Financial Analysis, Interpretation of Data– Strong analytical skills and adeptness in reviewing trends and comparing plans to actual results and highlighting resulting gaps or discrepancies in operational processes.
• Good command of the English language both orally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of community transformational development.
• ABILITY TO TRAVEL ABROAD AND ACROSS THE COUNTRY.
• Must have prior auditing experience of at least 3 years in a recognized organization.
• Experience in public accounting will be an added advantage.
• The position is based in the National Office but travel should be made in order to perform the internal audit of ADPs/Projects based on annual audit schedule.
• Travel at least 40 % of the time both locally and internationally.
How to Apply
Note: The information above is summary from the full Job Description.
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV to Human
Resources Department, World Vision Lao PDR, Box 312, Vientiane, e-mail: email@example.com or Tel: 021
452 100 Fax: 021 452 101.
Last date of application: 19 November 2012.
1369 total views, 3 today