Full-Time SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
CARE International in Lao PDR CARE Laos is looking to recruit qualified and motivated Lao nationals for the following positions (based in provinces). CARE offers staff competitive salaries and excellent benefits
Senior Finance Officer (1 Position)
Job Location: Khua district, Phongsaly province
The main responsibilities:
• Manage daily expenses and input data into accounting system including FINSUN.
• Oversight all procurement papers, vouchers, other payment forms all relevant documentation to ensure that they meet Care International Lao PDR policy and procedures requirement.
• Work with PPM on budgeting and budget tracking, costed work plans and check weekly and monthly financial report including the report from Vientiane office and banks.
• Manage petty cash and ensure the right amount in the safe box and tracking records.
• Coordinate with finance section in Vientiane to support any document as required.
• Support and provide financial information to PPM and auditors as required.
• Follow up with any payment for project activities including payment for goods purchase from Vientiane and staff salary.
• Negotiate and follow-up all property leases and district and provincial level contracts.
• Endeavor to constantly improve her/his ability to effectively carry-out her/his responsibilities.
• Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, promote collaborative efforts among project staff, exercise good leadership, and take suitable action when problems occur.
• Ensure compliance to CARE International Lao PDR HR policies and guidelines with the support of the senior management team.
• Ensure financial management of the RDP programme in line with project proposals, donor and CARE International Lao PDR guidelines.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the objectives and mission of CARE International in Lao PDR and gender equity and diversity.
• Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a safety and security culture; and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE International Lao PDR safety and security policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Higher education or college diploma on finance and accounting.
• Minimum of 2 years experience with significant technical knowledge with related experience regarding financial and accounting systems and book-keeping.
• Sound Accounting and computer skill in Microsoft office (Excel and Word) and be able to use e-mail effectively.
• Ability to work as a member of a team with both CARE staff and Government partners and to support others.
• Well organized and highly motivated.
• Good communication and negotiation skills and reasonable command of English.
• Knowledge of emergency, health and safety, and security procedures or a willingness to learn.
• Be honest, highly organized, responsible, self motivated and able to take initiative under minimum supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure at times, while maintaining high quality results is an essential requirement
How to Apply
For complete job descriptions, please refer to the website www.directoryofngos.org and go to Job Openings Qualified candidates should submit their CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience Required to: CARE Laos, PO Box 4328, 329/25 Sibounheuang Road, Ban Sibounheuang; And CARE Sekong office, Ban Mai houa meug, Lanam Dist, Sekong province; CARE Sayabouly, Ban Simeuang, Sayabouly Province; Phongsaly office, Ban Phonxay, Khua Dist, Phongsaly provinceOr send email to Lao.Jobs@careint.org
Deadline for applications is 30 July 2013CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned. CARE Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. CARE-Laos is committed to working towards equitable relationships and opportunity for women and men. CARE-Laos seeks to create and maintain an organization environment that is free of harassment and exploitation of children. CARE encourages members of ethnic groups of Lao PDR, women and people living with disabilities, who meet the selection criteria, to apply for this position
1517 total views, 1 today