Full-Time SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Country Office Lao PDR
Post Title: Senior Finance Assistant
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Vientiane Capital
Duration: One year basis
Schedule starting date:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures implementation of UNODC operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UNODC/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Preparation of office operation cost sharing for UNODC Field Office.
- Follow up on donor contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
2. Ensures administration of budgets and functioning of the Detailed Annual Costed Workplan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation and modifications of budgets for UNODC management projects, follow-up with HQs on allocation for management projects.
- Assist the project to prepare Detailed Annual Costed Workplan.
- Sending project budget revision to UNODC HQ for authorized by FRMS (can be done only on the basis of signed ProDocs and project budgets).
- Timely checking of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by UNDP, implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
3. Provides accounting and administrative support to the UNODC CO and performs reconcile Global payroll functions focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the projects.
- Authorization of payment request in Lotus Notes.
- Reconcile Global payrolls processing in Atlas.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that payment processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in FOML; consultant payment are duly prepared and processed; travel claims, OT and other entitlements are duly processed
- Timely accounts closure
- Timely corrective actions on unmatched payment request between UNODC ASR with UNDP Atlas, including the payment create by UNDP. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Maintenance of the Accounts for UNODC projects and follow-up with partners on contributions, deposits creation in ProFi application.
4. Ensures proper CO budget management functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitor the project budget expenses and ensure that all the expenses are as per budget and within the limits..
- Responsible for maintaining update ledger on all project expenses.
- Responsible for maintenance all the financial files.
- To assist drafting project document.
- To assist and prepare project revision, project amendment, budget amendment and budget revision.
- Responsible for upload project document, project revision, management expenditure report in to ProFi web.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Experience and Qualifications:
Education: Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Experience: 5 to 6 years of progressively responsible finance experience is required at the national or international level.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in spoken and written English, Knowledge of other United Nations Languages an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit applications in English language with curriculum Vitae by 24 October 2013 to:
UNODC Country Office, Road No. 1 Unit 21 Sisangvone Village, P.O.Box: 345, Vientiane Lao PDR.
Tel: 454 266, 416427 Fax: 413203 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UN personal History forms can be collected at http://www.unodc.org.laopdr/en/employment.html.
990 total views, 1 today