Full-Time SENIOR FACILITATOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
CARE international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty with a special focus on assisting women and girls to lift their communities out of poverty. CARE International in Laos PDR (CARE Laos) works with the poorest and most marginalized communities to address the root causes of poverty and vulnerability.
CARE Laos is looking to recruit qualified and motivated Lao national to fulfil the positions as following
- Senior Facilitator to be based at Soukhouma District, Champasak province (LONG TERM CONTRACT)
From September 2014 to December 2016 CARE will be implementing the Social Protection Activity (“SPA”) as a sub-contract of the Australia
DFAT project initially in Soukhouma District (and latterly Mounlapamok District) in Champasak province. The SPA is a sub-component of the DFAT Social Protection and Sustainable Livelihoods (SPSL) which will be implemented through the Maxwell Stamp PLC. SPA for CARE includes a Resilient Livelihoods for the Poor (RLP) activity and innovation activities.
The positions is required to co-ordinate Facilitators and GoL District officials and support them to effectively carrying out their duties; Oversee and report back on all project activities in the District and villages, including village meetings, Participant selection, enterprise training and household visits and monitor receipt of transfers.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Staff reporting to this post Facilitators; oversees work of external Technical Trainers.
- Supervise assigned Facilitators;
- Undertake own assigned family case load; including regular house to house visits, in addition to supervisory activities.
- Hold weekly team meetings with Facilitators to ensure implementation progress, cross-learning, feedback and improvements in methodology;
- Create schedules and ensure implementation of family mentoring visits and enterprise training;
- Ensure that enterprise training sessions are high quality, relevant, and tailored to program participants;
- Ensure Facilitators are effectively coaching RLP Participants on enterprises, creatively delivering financial literacy training, developing financial and business plans with participants;
- At least 3 years experience in a rural development project;
- Background in social and livelihoods activities;
- Good planning and coordination skills and administration skills;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Financial literacy techniques;
- Familiarity of local languages and culture as applicable;
- Strong understanding of rural poverty in Laos; experience working with local communities and in villages
- University graduate and/or degree holder
How to ApplyQualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience required to firstname.lastname@example.org or Maiyu.email@example.com before the dateline: January 30th, 2016 CARE Laos is committed to working towards equitable relationships and opportunity for women and men. We seek to create and maintain an organization environment that is free of harassment and exploitation of children. Members of ethnic groups of Lao PDR, women and people living with disabilities, who meet the selection criteria are strongly encouraged to apply. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be return)
1285 total views, 1 today