Full-Time SENIOR COMMUNICATION AND LIAISON
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
CARE is an international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty with a special focus on assisting women and girls to lift their communities out of poverty. CARE International in Laos PDR (CARE Laos) works with the poorest and most marginalized communities to address the root causes of poverty and vulnerability.
SENIOR COMMUNICATION AND LIAISON
The Senior Communication and Liaison Officer is a central member of
Communication and Liaison Team and will work collaboratively with colleagues across CARE Laos. This role has a particular focus on CARE’s external communications and events involving Government, partners, donors and other stakeholders.
• Provide timely and high quality translation and interpretation services for CARE Laos teams
• Ensure results and lessons from CARE’s work are captured for communication and organisational learning
• Ensure CARE Laos publicity, publications and events are of high quality and reflect CARE’s organisational values and priorities
• Ensure Government procedures (MoUs, Approvals, Visas etc) are managed with a focus on quality and timeliness
• Ensure CARE Laos is consistently represented in Government and in Stakeholder forums relevant to our work
• Assist the CLT Manager in maintaining strong relationships with government counterparts and development stakeholders
• University degree in relevant field
• At least two years of working experience in administration and project management previous NGO and/or Government Liaison experience an asset
• Demonstrable experience working on communications activities (publications, publicity, events)
• Understanding of social and economic development trends and issues in Lao PDR
• Knowledge of rural development and poverty alleviation would be asset
• Very good command of written and spoken English
• Demonstrate commitment to gender equity and diversity
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Willing to travel to project sites occasionally
How to ApplyApplication Submitting Qualified candidates should submit a job application form (available at CARE Laos office or upon request via email), CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience Required to: CARE Laos, PO Box 4328, 329/25 Sibounheuang Road, Vientiane Laos or send e-mail to Lao.Jobs@careint.org Deadline for applications is 8th May, 2015 CARE Laos is committed to working towards equitable relationships and opportunity for women and men. We seek to create and maintain an organization environment that is free of harassment and exploitation of children. Members of ethnic groups of Lao PDR, women and people living with disabilities, who meet the selection criteria. are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned. CARE Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
1380 total views, 1 today