Full-Time SECURITY INVESTIGATOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
(Announcement No. 12/47)
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
POSITION: Security Investigator (OBO), FSN-8
OPENING DAT E: July 16, 2012
CLOSING DAT E: July 30, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
CONTRACT: Two Years
SALARY: Actual salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
NOTE: THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL COME UNDER LOCAL LABOR LAW, AND BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE EMBASSY’S LOCAL COMPENSATION PLAN. ALL ORDINARY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN LAOS AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane is seeking an individual for the position of Security Investigator (OBO). The position is temporary, for two years.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Incumbent conducts security investigations, maintains daily liaison with Government of Laos police authorities and responds to security emergencies as directed or in concert with the New Embassy Construction Site Security Manager.
Full position description is available in HR Office.
1. Education: University graduate in police or military studies or related field.
2. Prior Work Experience: From three to five years of progressively responsible experience in security/investigative work with a military, police or private security organization with a minimum of two years of experience in investigations;
3. Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) English and Lao required. The incumbent must possess the ability to speak, write, read and translate both English and Lao as he/she will be required to accurately comprehend detailed investigative and security procedures/regulations which are written in English. Investigative reports and statements must also be submitted in English.
4. Knowledge: Knowledge of the Lao political, social, economic and cultural processes. A good working knowledge of investigative techniques and the Lao legal system is also necessary.
5. Skills and Abilities: Ability to successfully conduct all types of investigations. Skills in interviewing, report writing and organization are required. Must have initiative and be resourcefulness in obtaining information or evidence. Must possess a valid driving license.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following for the application to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (Form DS-174). Download the form at: http://laos.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that Addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
How to ApplyHuman Resources Office American Embassy Rue Bartholonie, That Dam PO Box 114, Vientiane, Laos (Hardcopy or e-mail attachments are accepted) POINT OF CONTA CT Telephone: 856-21-267176 Fax: 856-21-267140 E-mail: VientianeHR@state.gov Interested persons should contact Embassy Human Resources Office for more information. Blank application forms may be picked up from the cabinet inside the Embassy entrance. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. CLOSING DAT E FOR THIS POSITION: JULY 30, 2012 An Equal Opportunity Employer
1016 total views, 1 today