Full-Time READING ROOM MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Announcement for Lao Nationality only
Deadline for applications: 17 May 2012
Room to Read organization profile:
Room to Read is an International Non-governmental Organization (INGO) that partners with local communities throughout the developing world to provide quality educational opportunities by establishing libraries, creating local language children’s literature, constructing schools, providing education to girls and supporting classroom literacy instruction for primary school children. We seek to intervene early in the lives of children in the belief that education empowers people to improve socio-economic conditions for their families, communities, countries and future generations. Through the opportunities that only education can provide, we strive to break the cycle of poverty, one child at a time. Our long-term goal is to help 10 million children to gain the lifelong gift of education.
Room to Read Laos has an annual budget of approximately USD 4 million and permission of MoU from 2011 to 2016 (can be extendable). There is main office in Vientiane Capital and other offices in Oudomxay, Xayabouly and Savannakhet (will open in June 2012). The salary range for each position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. Besides the salary, staff will receive 13th month and performance bonuses, retirement fund and insurances (of health, life and accident).
Room to Read is recruiting the following positions:
1. Reading Room Manager (Re-advertised)
The Reading Room Program Manager is responsible for carrying out all activities of Room to Read’s library program, including surveying, program implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and project reporting. This position will involve frequent travel to all the provinces Room to Read works in, as well as regular interaction with education officials, partners, school administrators, teachers and students and s/he will report to the Program Director.
• Liaise with government officials and NGO partners to carry out partnership and implementation of Reading Room Program;
• Plan on survey to identify schools or partners that are in need and meet all our criteria for the challenge grant. Work with Program Officers in developing, reviewing make recommendations and finalizing target selection Room to Read;
• Organize training ToT for Reading Room Officer and government partner on library establishment and library management;
• Provide technical assistance to Reading Officers and partners in management of program, libraries and conducting activities and make suggestions for improving quality and utilization of libraries;
• Supervise work of the Reading Room Program Officers, providing direction for his/ her role in library implementation and management of books to be distributed;
• Development of curriculum and materials for librarian trainings;
• Ensure of data entry and GI collection of the Reading Room Program Officers;
• Complete detailed written reports in a timely basis to headquarters regarding the status and progress;
• Attend to donor affairs including hosting donor site visits and documenting anecdotes that evolve through field work;
• Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
How to Apply
If you think you are qualified in any of these posts, please write down a position that you applied, submit your cover letter and CV through
In case, you cannot reach us through email, you can post and send it to Mail address: P.O Box 11607, Ban Sibounheuang 314, Unit 25 Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Lao PDR.
You also can visit the INGO web site: http://www.directoryofngos.org
Female candidate is encouraged to apply
The shortlisted candidates only will be contacted and your CV will not be returned
1415 total views, 1 today