Full-Time RAI-PSR SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Ministry of Health
The Principal Recipient (PR) Office
Vacancy Announcement for RAI-PSR Sinoir Accountant
The Principal Recipient office (Ministry of Health) received since 2003, 3 grants from the Global Fund to fight HIV AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria for an approximate total amount of U$100 millions. Three grants are currently active.
The Principal Recipient (PR) provides Procurement and Logistics services, Monitoring and Evaluation expertise and Financial Management Systems to a number of Sub-Recipients who are directly responsible for implementing prevention, care and treatment intervention programs in Lao PDR.
The accountant records all money movements from the PR office and or the SRs into accounting system and ensure the data completeness and accuracy for financial report preparation.
Key role and responsibilities:
1. Prepare the accounting statements for PR office:
• Prepare and verify all payment/receipt vouchers and supporting documents before payment.
• Perform accounting records and book keeping for all financial transactions. Enter data into the accounting software. Generate project monthly trial balance, analysis and correct any posting errors,
• Print out individual project financial reports stipulated in the manual.
• Ensure the close of accounts at month end and prepare reconciliation statements (bank, advance, account payables and receivables, cash count) and submit the updated account to the Finance officer.
• Ensure the year end closing for the PR office.
• Review and verify accuracy of journal, general ledger and trial balances produced by PR,
• Calculate monthly average exchange rates to be used for converting expenditures in Kip to USD and vice versa.
• Produce various reports as assigned.
2. Maintain accounting records and filing:
• File financial and supporting documents in a well organised and safe place,
• Prepare necessary documents for annual audit purposes,
• Highlight any departure from the accounting procedure and financial management manual of the project.
3. Responsible of disbursement or receipt operation of the PR:
Prepare check for signature
• pays the suppliers and the salaries
• keep track of the payment deadlines, and regularly update the head of finance unit
• Prepare for signature the notification of disbursement
4. Manage the bank accounts:
• replenish cashbox when requested following procedures
• Collect monthly bank statement from all PR bank accounts as well as from the SRs
• Ensure good relationship with the bankers by meeting them, negotiate fees, interest.
5. Participate in internal controls:
• Participate in SR monitoring visits to provinces and districts, and provide support for financial and accounting training where required,
• Prepare necessary documents for the purpose of making annual audits,
• A degree in accounting, financial management, business (Bachelor/ professional certificate),
• Minimum of 3 years of working experience in similar position.
• Familiar with Lao accounting rules and principles as well as with GAAP standards.
• Computer literate especially excel and complex accounting packages.
• Good level of English – written and spoken.
• Familiarity with government and international aid project operations. Especially relevant, experience with Global Fund, World Bank or other grant/loan/donor funded projects will be advantage.
• Tolerant and patient when working under difficult and demanding conditions.
• A willingness to travel to provinces of Laos for short durations
• 1 year contact and renewable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who wish to obtain further information for this assignment may contact to Mr. Keophouthone Inthivong, Procurement Specialist. Address: Principal Recipient (PR Office), Ministry of Health, Simouang
Village, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 865 21 242980 Fax: 856 21 242981. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc: to Dr. Chanmy Saramany, Manager of PR Office, E-mail:
email@example.com at office hours, 08:30 -16:30 hours. The interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV to the address above by 14 February 2014.Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
1470 total views, 2 today