Full-Time PROVINCIAL MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a member of the ACT Alliance, working with people and organizations around the world in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide emergency assistance in disasters and work for long-terms development in local communities. In Laos, NCA has been supporting development projects since 1993.
(Lao National Only)
Position : Provincial Manager
Duties Station : Based in Phaoudom District, Bokeo Province.
Starting Date : As soon as possible
The Provincial Manager in Pha Oudom will take care of the community development and oversight of the Livelihood and Trade program under the NCA Country Program for Lao with responsibility for monitoring, reporting, documentation of the program, daily activities of the program in financial and administrative operations.
The position will be based in Phaoudom. S/he will report to the NCA Senior Program Officer and collaborate with other NCA staff and government counterpart as required.
• Overall responsibility for the implementation of program activities in the province including agriculture, animal husbandry, forest management, community development and gender empowerment;
• Ensuring effective implementation of the various program activities applying a rights based approach through timely provision of inputs, effective backstopping, timely and efficient delivery of outputs, and monitoring and evaluation of activities in accordance with NCA policies and program strategies as well as administrative and financial procedures;
• Lead effort for continued development of program interventions to ensure the most efficient delivery of support to the program’s rights holders and duty bearers;
• Ensure effective implementation of the project through timely provision of inputs, effective backstopping, timely and efficient delivery of outputs, and monitoring and evaluation of the project activities in conformity with NCA policies and project strategies, and in accordance with NCA programming guidelines, and administrative and financial procedures;
• Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual meeting with coordination with the district coordinators and NCA staffs, ( prepare monthly and monitor details work for staffs at all level);
• Coordinate with the provincial and district staff for participatory village planning activities;
• Coordinate with monitoring, planning and monitoring activities at the village level;
• Coordinate with gender focal points in the implementation of NCA Laos gender strategy;
• Ensure gender mainstreaming into project cycle management;
• Support Project Coordinators and staff to mainstream gender into project cycle management;
• Make sure that project coordinators provide gender sensitive data and information during the quarterly meetings and in the semi-annual and annual reports;
• Direct supervision of 4 local staff and 3 government and Government counterparts and draft Term of Employment of staff;
• Undertake all other tasks assigned by the Senior Program Officer.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in community develop or other related fields;
• 3 years or more of experience in Program Management;
• Previous work experience with government counterparts is an advantage.
• Good communication skills and ability to work with Ethnic group;
• Good language skills in Lao and English (both written and oral);
• Good knowledge and understanding of Program management;
• Work effectively, independently with high level of self motivation and ability to set and meet goal.
NCA offers competitive salary; benefits package including health & life insurance and good provident fund scheme.
How to Apply
All interested candidates please submit your application letter and CV in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to postal address House No. 150, Ban Watnak, Unit 8 Sisattanak District, Vientiane, PO Box: 4804, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
The closing date for applications is on Friday the 25th October 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
1054 total views, 1 today