Full-Time PROJECT MICRO FINANCE TRAINER (NATIONAL)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Nam Ngum River Basin Development Sector Project
Additional Funding (NNRBDSP-AF)
Department of Planning and Cooperation
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
ADB Project Number: 2780-LAO (SF)
Project Micro Finance Trainer (National)
Nam Ngum River Basin Development Sector Project Additional Funding is financed by ADB.
The expected impact is the optimal use of the water resources, especially in the Nam Ngum river Basin. The project outcome will be integrated watershed management improved in the Nam Ngum River Basin.
Project covers 3 provinces (Xiengkhouang Province, Luang Prabang Province and Vientiane Province), 10 Districts and Headquarter located at the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Vientiane Capital City.
Project Activities are implemented through three components and one office of the national project Manager: (1) Integrated Water Resource Management Component assigned under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE) (2) Integrated Watershed Management Component assigned under the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry and (3) Agriculture extension Component under the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (4) The Office of the National Project Manager which is under the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
The consultant will be assigned to the Project Component (3) Agriculture extension under the National Agriculture and Forestry Extension Service, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
The consultant will be assigned to the Component 3 of the project Agriculture extension and livelihood development component under the supervision of the Component 3 Coordinator. The technical supervision and backstopping will be given by the Senior Micro Finance Consultant assigned to Component 3.
The consultant will be working closely with the Government Technicians assigned to the Component 3 central office at the Department of Agriculture Extension and Cooperative (DAEC) The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. The consultant will be directly working with the Financial Management Teams assigned in 10 Project districts of three provinces, Luang Prabang Province, Vientiane Province and Xiengkhouang Province and the Financial Management Team of Component 3 Office.
The Micro finance trainer will be supervised directly by Senior Micro Finance Specialist, the Micro Finance Programme Implementation Officers and the Coordinator of the Extension Component (Component 3), and responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Review the training needs of the Central Financial Management Team CFMT and the District Financial Management Teams DFMTs and Revolving Fund groups, produce training plan.
2. Assist CFMT and DFMTs in Revolving Fund groups business plan and Financial Projections.
3. Conduct training for FMTs in Preparation of Loan proposal, Appraising of loan proposals, Revolving fund management, Accounting and Book Keeping.
4. To assist the MIS Database specialist in setting up the VDF Data base system including setting up back up manual accounting system.
5. Monitor the operation of CFMT and DFMTs, performing of RF groups, VDRF operation and giving backstopping to CFMT and DFMTs.
6. Assist the Micro finance programme implementation specialist in producing the post project sustainability plan, phase out strategy.
• Bachelor Degree in Agriculture Economic, Finance and Banking, Economy.
• At least five years of experience in Micro finance programme operation among the farming communities and rural remote areas.
• Experience with the International Financial Institutions support Micro finance programme.
• Demonstrated training skill.
• Previous experience of working in the NNRBDSP Project areas.
• Computer literate
• Ability to operate data base programmes
18 Person Months
Extension component office, National Agriculture and Forestry Extension Office, Ban Houay Yang, Vientiane capital city with field visits to the project site which will take 50% of the consultant’s inputs.
How to Apply
Nam Ngum River Basin Development Sector Project Additional Funding
Department of Planning Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Tel. +856-21-263161 Fax. +856-21-416556, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the Application: 15th August 2013
1019 total views, 1 today