Full-Time PROJECT MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
CARE International in Lao PDR
CARE Laos is looking to recruit qualified and motivated Lao nationals for the following positions (based in provinces). CARE offers staff competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Project Manager (1 Position)
Job Location: Based in Sayabouly Province.
The PM under the guidance of the Project Coordinator, will provide assistance with management of CARE’s funded Improving Local Capacity to PFSP in Northern Laos in close coordination with the Project Officers, Junior Project Officer and other responsible project staff. This will involve support of all aspects of the project including materials development and training, monitoring and evaluation, project management, government liaison and capacity building, and financial expenditure of funds.
The Project Manager facilitates the project outputs and the actualisation of the mission of CARE by working conscientiously towards the following outcomes and also by carrying out other duties as directed.
This position reports to Provincial Program Manager, Sayabouly while this position is in place. When Provincial Program Manager for Sayabouly position ends, the PM will report to the ACD Programs.
• work very closely with the Project Officers (both CARE staff and Government counterparts) to manage and develop a disciplined and motivated Project Team;
• provide technical advice, particularly with regard to participatory research, planning, monitoring and evaluation;
• Manage procurement and contract management;
• Be responsible for financial management and financial and technical report;
• Assist the Project Working Team ( PWT ) in planning realistic activities.
• Monitor the training activities undertaken by the Project Working Team (PWT)
• Hold monthly meeting with the Project Working Team ( PWT ) to review progress, and submit minutes to Line Manager and designated government personnel.
• Submit monthly report to ACD Program by 25th of each month, in accordance with CARE Lao formats.
• Request funds transfers from Finance manager to cover monthly project expenses, in line with the CARE Laos finance system.
• Verbally update to the line Manager regularly about progress of activities
• Request advice and support from the Line Manager as required.
• Develop a Project Monitoring Framework, together with PWT and Project Manager
• Read and become familiar with CARE Laos policies, procedures and guideline relating to your position (see staff policy manual)
1. University degree relevant to rural development (or equivalent professional experience), and understanding of the complexities of development programming in the Lao context. Masters degree is preferred.
2. Minimum of three years project management in development and/or humanitarian relief, including program design, proposal development and donor relations.
3. Demonstrated experience in capacity building, mentoring and training staff.
4. Demonstrated ability to build strong relations with local and national government and other partners (eg civil society and the private sector).
5. Willingness and ability to live and work in remote areas, with frequent travel to field sites.
6. Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Lao. Knowledge of a local ethnic language is an advantage.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
This position is based in Sayabouly District, Sayabouly Province, with frequent travel required to field sites and Vientiane. Occasional international travel may be required.
For complete job descriptions, please refer to the website www.directoryofngos.org and go to Job Openings
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience Required to:
CARE Laos, PO Box 4328, 329/25 Sibounheuang Road, Ban Sibounheuang; Or send e-mail to Lao.Jobs@careint.org
Deadline for applications is 23 December 2013
CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned.
CARE Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
1211 total views, 1 today