Full-Time PROJECT MANAGER (Re-advertise)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Lao Disabled People’s Association (LDPA) is a membership-based non-profit civil society organization for people with disabilities advocating disability rights and provides services to members based on their needs. We are seeking a Project Manager, this full-time position is located in Vientiane Capital for a contract of 1 year with possible extension.
- Maintain strong communication with grant partner/donor through reports, emails, meetings, and phone calls.
- Work with Financial Manager to create Financial Request Forms to grant partner/donor.
- Plan project activities such as livelihood, employment, and Intellectual Disability Unit rehabilitation activities by working closely with Economic Empowerment Coordinator and ID Unit’s Project Coordinator.
- Lead coordinators and officers in implementation of project activities.
- Lead coordinators and officers in monitoring and evaluation of project activities according to standards and forms provided by donor or existing forms and databases.
- Manage the project in a way that adheres to regulations of the sub-grant agreement.
- Communicate any financial, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting complications immediately to supervisor and/or grant partner/donor according to established policies, procedures, and agreements.
- Participate in planning and implementation of organizational capacity building plan through communication with the grant partner/donor and coordinating the capacity building plan within LDPA.
- Represent LDPA and the project in meetings, trainings, workshops, and other events locally, nationally, and internationally in a truthful and responsible manner.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders in both English and Lao language as necessary and outlines in the project agreement
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Work with the Financial Department to prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or related field.
- Prior work experience in Project Manager is a plus
- Experience working people with people with disability or developmental disabilities is advantageous
- Good computer skills such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Fluency in English language is a plus (written and spoken)
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated with strong morale
Work Environment and Demands
This position will require some international travel. Experienced individuals with disabilities, women, and diverse ethnic backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Child Protection Policy
- All applicants are subject to reference checks and required to provide two references; specific questions pertaining to Child Protection will be addressed. All employees must read and agree to LDPA’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures.
How to ApplyPlease apply by providing the following documents: CV, cover letter, proof of residence, certificate of guarantee from village authorities, previous employment certificate of employment/termination, and certificate of criminal records. (Deadline to Apply: 15 March 2016 at 16:00) Please send all application documents in person to: Lao Disabled People’s Association or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Phonesavang-Nongtha Road, Unit No. 55 Ban Phonesavang, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR For questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or (+856) 21 562 96
4696 total views, 1 today