Full-Time PROJECT DRIVER/SENIOR CLERKS
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help build a better life.
Location: LAO PDR, Vientiane Capital
Application deadline: 07 November 2012
Languages Required: Lao & English
Starting Date: 1 December 2012
Duration of the Contract: December 2012 (with possibility of extension)
Through the joint UNDP-UNEP Poverty-Environment Initiative (PEI), UNDP is supporting the Government of Lao
PDR to implement PEI Framework which aims to contribute to poverty reduction and improved well-being of poor and vulnerable groups through mainstreaming the environment into national development processes. PEI is implemented by the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) – Department of Planning, Investment Promotion
Department, and the National Economic Research Institute; Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) – Department of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment; and provincial authorities in 4 targeted provinces with support from the UNDP CO Lao PDR. The PEI program wishes to recruit full-time project staff in many positions at Investment Promotion Department to provide support to the implementation of the PEI country programme.
5. PROJECT DRIVER/SENIOR CLERKS
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive project staff and manager to meetings and various locations;
• Ensure regular cleaning and maintenance of the project car
• Deliver mail and messages to UNDP, ministries and other locations;
• Assist project accountant in managing administrative works such as pick up telephone, photocopying, scanning documents, binding documents, paying bills, buying office supply, withdraw money from the bank and other necessary logistical arrangements such as help prepare and organize workshop.
• Prepare Project Inventory every Six months
• Coordinate/manage the project log books for project vehicle (including the analysis of petrol usage)
• Manage procurement of office supplies and materials;
• Performing other relevant duties as required
Qualifications and experience
• Qualified driver with active license
• Certificate level qualification
• High level driving skills and basic mechanical knowledge
• Basic knowledge of English language
• Up-to-date knowledge of traffic regulations
• Good team player, willingness to assist with a variety of duties
• Health, alert physical condition
• At least 5 years driving experience in a variety of locations,
• Previous working experience with international organizations will be an advantage
Duty Station: Investment Promotion Department, MPI, Vientiane Capital
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an application letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates by 26 October 2012 to PEI programme-component 2, Division of Investment Promotion, Department of Investment Promotion, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Souphanouvong Avenue, Vientiane; or E-mail to Mrs Nouathai Thongphanh (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel/Fax: + 856 21 254035.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be contacted only if under serious consideration.
Lao PDR Wednesday October 24, 2012
1958 total views, 2 today