Full-Time PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (LAO NATIONAL ONLY)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (LAO NATIONAL ONLY)
1. Programme Title: Support the Realising the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in Lao PDR – Consolidated UNDP Programme of Support to MPI for Achievement of the Valuable Goals of the 7th NSEDP 2011-2015
2. Component Title: Support to advancing Human Development through policy-informing research on Human Development Issues especially relevant for achieving NSEDP/MDGs (Component 4)
3. Position Title: Project Accountant
4. Duty Station: NERI office, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
5. Duration of Appointment: 12 months (renewable)
6. Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
Support the Realising the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in Lao PDR – Consolidated UNDP Programme of Support to MPI for Achievement of the Valuable Goals of the 7th NSEDP 2011-2015 programme consists of four key components including (1) Support to consultative planning, implementation, monitoring, assessment and reporting on the NSEDP/MDGs; (2) Support to strengthening the Round Table Process for achievement of NSEDP/MDGs; (3) Support to development of common database to effectively monitor, evaluate and guide progress towards goals of NSEDP/MDGs; and (4) Support to advancing Human Development through policy-informing research on Human Development Issues especially relevant for achieving NSEDP/MDGs.
To support the programme implementation, National Economic Research Institute (NERI) who is the implementing partner of the component 4 of the programme is seeking a qualified Accountant who can provide significant accounting support to component Office based in NERI during the course of the programme implementation.
Under supervision of the Component Manager, and working as a member of the programme support unit, the Accountant will be responsible for advising on the financial management of the assigned component and the maintenance of accurate accounting and financial records and reports, in accordance with the programme document and UNDP Guideline of Nation Implementing Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining proper financial records and file in accordance with prevailing procedures;
• Preparing draft financial reports for the programme support unit and advising them accordingly;
• Monitoring and supervising expenditures by the assigned component;
• Monitoring and analysing component expenditures with respect to approved budget and work plans;
• Assisting the Component Manager and the Programme Management Group to prepare work plan, budgets and estimates of programme the assigned component quarterly expenditure;
• Realizing on a monthly basis, CDR and expenditure reconciliations against component budget;
• Compiling monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports for the Component Manager and the Programme Management Group and programme support unit and providing expenditure updates as required;
• Preparing requests for direct payment and requests for advance to the assigned component of programme operating account;
• Preparing and maintaining updated ledgers and inventories ofsupplies and non-expendable property;
• Liaising with UNDP Finance Unit and UNDP Programme Analyst and Programme Associate as required;
• Ensuring financial guidelines are followed and best practices maintained during the implementation of all component activities;
• Performing other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree or equivalent on financial management, accounting, business administration or related fields
• Knowledge of modern accounting and office procedures
• At least three years accounting experience
• Proven spreadsheet (Excel), typing, word-processing and PC ability
• Experience working with development projects an advantage
• Fluency in English and Lao with reasonable written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Requirements for submission of applications:
A letter of interest with updated CV with three references and necessary supporting documents must be sent no later than 17:00 on 30 August 2013 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Ms. Keovina Kingvongsa, National Economic Research Institute, Ministry of Planning and Investment. Tel/Fax: (856) 21 254829. Mobile
Phone: (856) 20 2221 7710, Please indicated in e-mail subject or on the envelope "Application - Component Accountant for Component 4"
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
1153 total views, 1 today