Full-Time PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Ministry of Planning and Investment
The Lao Statistics Bureau
LAOSTAT-Strengthening the National Statistical System Project
Project ID No: P129825
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Lao PDR has received a Grant from the Statistics for Results Facility Catalytic Fund
(SFR-CF), the World Bank for an amount equivalent to eight million US dollar (US$8 million) to support the LAOSTAT- Strengthening the National Statistical System Project, which aims to improve the capacity of Lao PDR’s National Statistical System to produce and disseminate reliable and timely macroeconomic and poverty statistics in accordance with international standards and in response to user needs. Therefore, LAOSTAT Project is looking for Administrative Officerand Project Accountant to assist LAOSTAT Project implementation.
Project Accountant (Ref no: LAOSTAT/IC/06/2014)
• Ensure all financial transactions are accurately approved and timely booked according to both donor and Lao Government financial regulation.
• Support the budget planning for seminars, workshops, meetings and consultations, including preparation and checking of relevant documentations in support of the implementation of project activities in accordance with the procedures and practices of the FM manual.
• Manage and monitor advance and advance clearing, and coordinate with concerned Implementing Agencies as required for timely reporting of the expenditures. Responsible for petty cash management and timely recording. Prepare weekly/monthly petty cash reconciliation.
• Batching and coding of invoices and payment vouchers.
• Data entry of invoices and payment vouchers onto the accounting software for accounts payable processing.
• Account payable function such as processing, cheque runs weekly and monthly payment of consultants and suppliers.
• Assist Financial Management Consultant to prepare month ends reconciliation for supplier accounts, advances, petty cash and monthly bank reconciliations.
• Assist in maintains account journals and ledgers.
• Assist in preparing withdrawal applications and supporting documents/reports for fund withdrawals.
• Liaise with Ministry of Finance and Bank of Lao PDR for payment requests.
• Assist the Financial Management Consultant with the month end report and quarterly report and year end reports.
Duration of assignment
The indicative estimated inputs for this assignment are 12 person-months on a full time basis, with a possibility for extension based on business needs and satisfactory performance evaluation.
Duty station: LAOSTAT office at Lao Statistics Bureau (LSB)
The Project Accountant will be based in the LAOSTAT Office, Lao Statistic Bureau, Ministry of Planning and Investment under the Strengthening the National Statistical System Project.
Contractual arrangement will be managed by the LAOSTAT Project, LSB.
• At least a diploma in in accounting or finance
• At least 3 years of working experience in similar position in accounting or financial management. Experience with the World Bank projects or other major donors are an advantage.
• Good typing skills, Lao and English with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Sound Office management, administrative and communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience in using accounting software, ACCPAC, would be an advantage.
• Able to work as a team, with close cooperation with Implementing Agencies, LSB team, Ministry of Finance, the World Bank and other parties involved.
• Familiarity with National Treasury MOF payment procedures will be highly regarded.
• Fluent in Lao and English (spoken and written).
DUTY STATION AND DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT:
• Duty station: in LAOSTAT office at LSB
• The estimated inputs for this assignment is12 months to be provided full-time, with the possibility of being extended over future years of the project based on performance
How to ApplyCONTACT ADDRESS: Interested Candidates are invited to send a CV with a covering letter to the address bellowing: LAOSTAT Project, Lao Statistics Bureau, Ministry of Planning and Investment SithanNeue Village, Sikhottabong District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR Tel/Fax: 021 214740, 021 212022 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org LAOSTAT now invites interested eligible consultants to provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae with expressions of interest and references). The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011). Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 27 April 2015, 16:00hrs (electronic submissions through email are acceptable).
1715 total views, 2 today