Full-Time PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: LAO NATIONALS ONLY (1 post)
The National Governance and Public Administration Reform Programme (NGPAR) of the Government of Lao PDR has been formulated for the period 2011-15 to support the Government’s implementation and monitoring of the National GPAR Programme. Supported by a NGPAR Programme Secretariat led by the Department of Planning and International Cooperation of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), the programme secretariat provides the technical, coordination and capacity development support to MoHA in order to effectively implement the various components and activities of the NGPAR as well as support the monitoring of the implementation of the Strategic Plan on Governance through the Leading Committee on Governance, and the Government-Development Partner dialogue and coordination of governance reform initiatives through the Governance Sector Working Groups and sub-sector working Groups,
Project title: NGPAR Programme
Duty station: Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Duration of appointment: 12 months (renewable) with 3 months probation
I. Project Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support MoHA for carrying out all routine financial transactions and preparation of related documents such as payment requests, vouchers and reconciliation related to the National GPAR Programme
• Facilitate timely completion of accounting documents to enable regular updating of financial system and records, including monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports
• Assist MoHA in preparation of payment requests, advance requests, contract payments, and making and settling field advances and petty cash funds in accordance with NIM/other relevant guidelines
• Support MoHA and the National GPAR Programme Finance Support Coordinator in liaising with the finance offices of different development partners supporting the National GPAR Programme
• Participate in meetings to review/monitor budgets and expenditure and assist the GPAR Programme Finance Support Coordinator in preparing and presenting report to Monthly Project meetings
The National GPAR Programme Accountant is a mid-level professional with prior experience in accounting functions with a large diversified portfolio of development assistance, displaying high levels of systematic work and strong organizational skills. S/needs to have experience in working within a developing project environment, clearly demonstrates high levels of responsibility, initiative, and interpersonal skills, and has an ability to negotiate with diplomacy and tact. Therefore s/he is expected to have:
• Minimum of a Bachelor degree in the field of accounting or finance management
• Minimum of two years experience in accounting, and preparing related vouchers and documentation
• Hands on experience in managing advances and petty cash with development assistance projects
• Track record of systematic document management and superior interpersonal and reporting skills
• Sound working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant software;
• Good written and oral English
• Experience working within a multicultural, consultative team.
In addition, s/he should be available to undertake travel to the provinces to provide support to project activities as necessary.
How to Apply
For more details, contact National GPAR Programme Secretariat Support Project Office. Tel: 212710. Fax: 217619.
Website: www.moha.gov.la, then Projects -> NGPAR –> Job Opportunity.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Vongsaly81@gmail.com.
Interested candidates should submit their CV to:
National GPAR Programme Secretariat Support Project Office Ministry of Home Affairs, Nahaidiao Compound, Vientiane Capital
Please Note: Closing Date: 20 January 2014
Qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
1465 total views, 1 today