Full-Time PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Project Accountant (National)
Location: Vientiane Capital
Type of Contract: Local Service contract
Languages required: Lao and English
Starting Date: 22 August 2013
Duration of Initial Contract: One year (renew able)
Application deadline: 06 September 2013
The Legal Sector Master Plan (LSMP), which outline the broad requirements for the development of the legal sector into a comprehensive legal system setting the conditions for a Rule of Law State, has been formally adopted by the Government of the Lao PDR in September 2009.
The implementation of the LSMP requires a preparatory ad transitory phase in order to set up the adequate conditions for the start of comprehensive sectoral and systemic programme. Hence, in accordance with the Country Programme Action Plan, The UNDP Project is support to the implementation of the LSMP, located in Ministry of Justice, provide assistance to the Ministry and all legal institutions (People’s Supreme Court, Office of the Supreme People’s Prosecutor and Ministry of Public Security) is establishing the required national coordination mechanisms.
Beside, the Work Plan in Support to the Implementation of the LSMP ensures that a number of pilot activities are immediately undertaken and implemented. As a part f support LSMP Work Plan, the Ministry of Justice and its partners are seeking Project Accountant (National)who has proven knowledge and working experience in those systems.
1. Project Accountant (National): 1 Position
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the LSMP Programme Accountant will support the Secretariat as well as the Finance Offices of key ministries and agencies to perform routine accounting functions, and support the Senior Finance Officer in preparing annual & quarterly budgets and expenditure reports, as required by different development partners supporting the national GPAR Programme.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the incumbent shall:
• Carry out all routine financial transactions and preparation of related documents such as payment requests, vouchers and reconciliation related to the Support Programme
• Facilitate timely completion of accounting documents to enable regular updating of financial system and records, including monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports
• Assist the Senior Finance Officer in preparing Programme budget plans, quarterly advance requests, etc.
• Setting up an accounting system, including reporting forms and a filing system for the Programme.
• Controlling expenditures, budget lines, bank transfers and other financial transactions.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements, including computation of interests gained to be included into reports.
• Maintain filing of financial documents.
• Provide assistance to the organization of Programme events, including workshops, seminars, and meetings and undertaking other relevant matters assigned by the NPM and NPD.
• Carry out other relevant tasks as assigned by NPM and Senior Finance Officer.
Qualification and Experience:
• University degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
• Solid experience in budgeting, planning and reporting on foreign funded projects.
• Good secretarial skills and good organizational capacity.
• Knowledge in administrative and accounting procedures of the Government.
• Good English language skills, both spoken and written, are essential.
• Good computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel) and specialcounting software.
• Good knowledge of computer-based accounting software is an advantage.
How to Apply
Requirements for submission of applications:
• *Letter of interest, updated CV and other relevant documents;
• *Detail financial offer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be contracted only shortlist candidate.
1402 total views, 1 today