Full-Time PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
Through the joint Hongsa Power Company Limited (HPC) is supporting the Government of Lao PDR to implement HPC Framework which aims to strengthen capacity of targeted central and provincial authorities to Monitor Environment and Social Impact Assessment Process and Compliance by project which Concerns to Environment Condition. Department of Environment and Social Impact Assessment (DESIA). Ministry Of Natural Resources Environment (MONRE) wishes to recruit a qualified accountant for 12 months to provide support to the implementation of the HPC has transferred the budget for MONRE to Department Environment and Social impact Assessment: Capacity Building Budget Monitoring and Inspection.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision of Director General of Environment and Social impact Assessment (DG of DESIA) and working as a member of the project team, the Project Accountant provides support to the development of all financial matters related to the project. The Project Accountant will be responsible for advising on the financial management of the project and the maintenance of accurate accounting and financial records and reports, in accordance with the project document and DESIA Guidelines for Nationally Executed Projects. The Project Accountant’s major tasks will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Maintaining proper financial records and files in accordance with prevailing procedures;
• Preparing draft financial reports for the project team and advising them accordingly;
• Monitoring and supervising expenditures by project;
• Monitoring and analyzing project expenditures with respect to approved budgets and work-plans;
• Compiling monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports for the DG and project team, and providing expenditure updates as required;
• Preparing requests for direct payment and requests for advance to project operating account;
• Preparing and maintaining updated ledgers and inventories of supplies and non-expendable property;
• Briefing people or organizations in receipt of payments from the project on financial procedures and required documentation and overseeing payments of payments from the project including daily living and travel allowances for training participants etc.;
• Briefing and assisting newly arriving international and local consultants on basic financial procedures and requirements with respect to payments, entitlements, banking, currency provision and other issues related to finance;
• Ensuring financial guidelines are followed and best practices maintained during the implementation of all project activities;
• Liaising with Staff DESIA Finance Unit and Hongsa Power Analyst and Programmer Associate as required;
• Performing other relevant duties as required.
Expected outcomes / results
High quality financial support, management advice and substantial administrative and logistical assistance to the ESIA project. Sound financial management.
Qualifications and experience
• Recognized accounting qualification
• Knowledge of modern accounting and office procedures
• At least three years accounting experience
• Proven spreadsheet (Excel), typing, word-processing and PC ability
• Experience working with development projects an advantage
• Fluency in English and Lao, with reasonable written and oral communications skills
Duty Station: Department of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, MONRE, Vientiane Capital
How to Apply
Please send detailed CV along with a letter of interest to: Email: email@example.com; or directly send the application to Department of Environment and Social Impact Assessment, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment at Nahaydiao road, Tel/Fax: (856-21) 264 921, 020 22589589, 020 22237808, 020 22441478 by no later than 17:00 P.M of of 19 th July 2013, indicating on the email title: “Application for HPC Project Accountant”
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
1662 total views, 1 today