Full-Time PROGRAMME OFFICER NOB
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
WFP is a UN agency striving to support the people of Lao PDR to ensure their food and nutrition security, as well as their livelihood development. If you are experienced in the area of agriculture and rural development, if you are dynamic and looking for new challenges, and if you want to be involved in the development of your country and contribute to the well-being of the Lao people, then the below post will certainly be of interest to you.
We are looking to fill a Programme Officer positionin the Vientiane Country Office. He/she will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director and will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall the programme management, including implementation and monitoring of Food/Cash For Assets (F/CFA)activities in the country;
- Provide timely analytical and critical reports including proposals for improvements in operation and the scope of F/CFA programmes;
- Develop and sustain liaison with key professionals and NGOs engaged in the field of agriculture and rural development, incl. food security;
- Develop and maintain close contact with other stakeholders in the area of agriculture, food security and rural development, including UN agencies, NGOs and bilateral;
- Ensure close collaboration with Ministry of Agriculture & Forestry (MAF), linking policies to programmes and operational activities, and assist MAF in identifying fields of development where food assistance could be usefully employed;
- Provide technical support to staff in the Sub-Offices and closely coordinate the activities of F/CFA with the other units;
- Identify and support necessary trainings for WFP staff and coordinating partners in the area of F/CFA programming.
Education: Advanced degree in the area of socio-economic development, agriculture or related fields.
- At least four years of professional experience in food security, agriculture and rural development programme management
- Experience with policy development and analysis would be an asset
- Conversant with matters related to social safety net, livelihood, resilience, as well as nutrition
- Full command of Microsoft applications (MW, EXL, Power Point, etc.)
- Knowledge of database and data analysis is an asset
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
Strong interpersonal skills; Analytical thinking; Excellent communication skills; Good team player; Integrity and strict adherence to the UN Code of Conduct.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Lao; Ability to speak ethnic group language(s) is an asset.
How to Apply
Deadline for application: 31 March 2014
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae (including at least names, contact numbers or email addresses of 3 work referees) in a sealed envelope marked "Confidential" to:
The UN World Food Programme
Donnokhum Village, Sisattanark District
P.O. Box 3150, Vientiane, Lao PDR
or email: email@example.com
WFP is committed to gender balance in all functions and at all levels. We are committed to increasing the number of female staff in our offices. Female candidates in particular are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that CVs and other documents submitted to WFP cannot be returned.
1493 total views, 1 today