Full-Time PROGRAM ASSISTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
For Locally Recruited Staff
The World Bank is one of the world’s largest sources of funding for the developing world. Its primary focus is on helping the poorest people and the poorest countries. It uses its financial resources, its staff, and extensive experience to help developing countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, enhance environmental and social sustainability, and improve their quality of life. The World Bank continues to strengthen its Vientiane Office as part of its ongoing commitment to supporting the development vision of Lao PDR. The World Bank invites applications from qualified individuals for the following locally Recruited
Staff positions to join the Lao PDR Country Team in Vientiane.
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (JOB NUMBER: 160159)
The Program Assistant will:
- Provide quality administrative support to task teams in preparing World Bank documents; formatting and editing reports, aide-memoires, letters and memos prepared by the Task Team Leaders according to the Bank guidelines; log incoming mail, file in the Bank’s electronic filing system and distribute to the task teams; and dispatch outgoing letters in a timely manner;
- Provide logistical support for missions, seminars and workshops; follow up on requests from Washington team members and correspond with them appropriately;
iii. Maintain project and other records in accordance with system in the work unit; ensure smooth flow of information among other program assistants in the office;
- Provide back-up support to other program assistants as required by the work program, especially during peak periods; and
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned from time to time arising from business needs of the office.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or High School Certificate/Diploma with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
- Dedicated team player with excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments. Willingness to learn about the teams’ work, to be able to take on additional responsibility and respond to queries from external agencies. Able to handle multiple tasks with critical deadlines under minimum supervision;
iii. Ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style;
- Advanced skills and experience in Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Internet;
- Effective organizational, communication, inter-personal, problem-solving skills, and ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to foresee needs of the team and respond in a pro-active manner;
vii. Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.) as required; and
viii. Prior work experience in an international environment is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Lao language.
Details (vacancy #160159) are available in the World Bank Jobs website: www.worldbank.org/jobs.
How to ApplyAll applications must be submitted through this website. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Closing date is February 11, 2016 (Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
1202 total views, 1 today