Full-Time Policy and Operations Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Education Sector Working Group (ESWG)
Secretariat – Policy and Operations Coordinator
The Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) manages the Australian Government’s development assistance program in the Lao PDR. AusAID Vientiane is looking for a Policy and Operations Coordinator to provide technical and logistical support to the ESWG chair (the Ministry of Education and Sports – MoES) and Co-chairs (AusAID and UNICEF). The ESWG is the coordination mechanism that oversees implementation and monitoring of progress of the Education Sector Development Plan. The position will be based at the Department of Planning Cooperation within the Ministry of Education and Sports and reports directly to the MoES.
Are you interested?
Do you have:
• A Post-graduate degree in education, social science or other relevant discipline?
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the education sector in Laos?
• Knowledge of Lao Government systems?
• Knowledge of Aid Effectiveness approaches?
• Well developed analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills?
• Excellent coordination, negotiation and presentation skills?
• Communication skills in both Lao and English languages?
These are some of the criteria that the selection panel will be using to select the appropriate candidate. If you have this sort of background, you could apply. Application instructions are available on the Australian Embassy’s website www.laos.embassy.gov.au
How to Apply
Deliver your application to the AusAID Office in the Australian Embassy at Km 4 Thadeua Road or email it to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 2nd June 2012
Information on AusAID programs is available at:
1163 total views, 1 today