Full-Time NTFP Value Chain / Market Study Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF)
LIVELIHOOD OPPOTRUNITIES AND NUTRITIONALGAINS (LONG) PILOT PROJECT
Request for Expression of Interest for
NTFP Value Chain / Market Study Specialist (re-advertised)
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Project: The Poverty Reduction Fund
Description: NTFP Value Chain / Market Study Specialist
Grant No.: JSDF TF 097786
Project No.: P 123891
Issue Date: 26 August 2013. Closing Date: 09 September 2013
The Government of Lao PDR has received grant from the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) toward implementation of the Livelihood Opportunities and Nutritional Gains (LONG) Project through Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF) Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Individual consultant for a NTFP Value Chain/Market Study.
The objectives of the Market Study are as followed:
– Describe the existing situation related to Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs), agriculture products and non-Agriculture products of selected villages and districts including market linkages and value-chain;
– Provide insights and analyses of strengths, opportunities, limitations and risks;
– Provide prioritized products list and recommendations for commercial and implementable products;
– Provide recommendations on sustainable market and market linkage of the prioritized products.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Professional background in social economic, trade and related sector such as plant production, forestry and market/value-chain analyses;
• Experience with rural development projects, NTFP management, marketing and participatory approaches and research;
• At least 10 years’ experience in market study or market research in rural areas;
• Ability to grasp ideas quickly, thinks creatively, take initiative and be innovative
• Knowledge of development issues and understanding of rural Lao cultures is an asset
• Fluent in English;
• Lao speaking ability will be an advantage;
• Women are encouraged to apply.
The consultancy service period is 8 weeks starting from the date of contract signed.
The specific tasks or detailed job descriptions can be obtained at PRF website http://www.prflaos.org
How to Apply
All interested applicants should submit (1) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the required qualifications and experience of the position mentioned above, (2) a detailed CV with one (3x4) photo and (3) supporting documents (certificate of the most recent employment, certificates of qualification/graduation, transcript of graduation, a list of at least three referees from most recent work places, etc) to the HR Officer, Poverty Reduction Fund, Prime Minister’s Office 501 building, Sisavathtai Village, Chanthabouly District, P.O Box 4625 Vientiane, Tel: 021 261479 - 80, Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all submitted documents will not be returned.
PRF provides competitive salary and benefits.
Deadline for applications: 09 September 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be negotiated
1295 total views, 1 today