Full-Time NATIONAL TRANSLATOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ToR for National Translator
Environmental Management Support Programme (EMSP) supported by Finnish Government will be implemented from 2010–2014 which focusing on supporting Lao Government in the field of environmental management for the whole country. The overall objective is to prevent damage to the environment, environmental health and the livelihoods of people affected by large scale development programmes and strategic plans and to build institutional capacity in adaptation to climate change in Lao PDR.
National translator (NT) will assist the NPC on translation of the related administration documents received from DONREs, line ministries and within MONRE in both Lao and English. He/she will work in close with the core programme team.
2. Duty Station
The NT will be based in EMSP Office, but will need to work with relevant line ministries and other programme beneficiaries. He/she will also be expected to travel frequently to the provinces in order to support DONREs with TA.
3. Duration of Assignment
Start from 1st May 2013 to 30th September 2014.
4. Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities for the NT are:
• Translate related programme documents from Lao into English and from English into Lao;
• Oral translation Lao-English and English-Lao of meetings and workshops;
• Assist NPC on preparation of the minute of meeting;
• Others task as requested.
• Very good knowledge in English and Lao, both written and spoken.
• Experience in interpreter and translator.
• Minimum 2 years experiences in translation of administrative documents.
• Knowledge in environmental field is an advantage.
6. INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The NT shall respect the legislation and rules of the country. The candidate shall not act on behalf of MONRE unless requested by NPD to do so. The NT is part of a team. All major actions shall be carried out in teamwork.
The NT will present the following reports to the NPC prior submit to NPD:
• Short monthly progress report detailing in terms of activities implementation, achievements, problems and constraints encountered and the suggestion on how to solve those issues and plans for the coming month;
How to Apply
* Interested person please submit your CV by 4th April 2013 to Mr. Phoutthaneth RATTANAVONG (National Programme Coordinator’s Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org), Environmental Management Support Programme, Department of Environmental Quality Promotion, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Nahaidio Unit, Sisavattay Village, Chanthabury District, Vientiane, P.O. Box: 7864, Tel: 021-222752.
* Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
1259 total views, 1 today