Full-Time National Financial Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Project: Education for All Fast Track Initiative Catalytic Fund (EFA FTI CF Program)
Description: A National Financial Coordinator (1 Position)
Grant No.: TF097384
Project ID No.: P118494
The Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) is implementing the Education for All – Fast Track Initiative (EFA-FTI)
Catalytic Trust Fund Grant Agreement with the objective to increase the coverage and improve the quality of pre-primary and primary education with a focus on the most educationally disadvantaged children in 56 districts in 16 provinces of Lao PDR. As part of this program, the Ministry will be constructing new classrooms, renovating schools, adding additional classroom, supplying latrines and water over the first two and half years of a three year implementation period. The Program will be started at the same time in all 16 target provinces: Attapeu, Champasack, Xekong, Saravanh, Savanaket, Khammouan, Borikhamxay, Vientiane Province, Xiengkhouang, Xaiyaboury, Houaphan, Luangprabang, Bokeo, Oudomxay, Luangnamtha and Phongsaly.
Scope of Work:
The Financial Coordinator (FC) will work collaboratively with Ministry staff to oversee financial management work both of the ECU and the Implementation Units, including focusing on the clearing any financial blockages in the system and to manage and coordinate the work of the Financial Officers (shorter and long term positions) ensuring effective FM for all components of program and work closely with Program Facilitator.
With regards to Program Financial Management, the FC will:
1. Assist the program in preparing financial plans and annual budgets for the Program;
2. Establish, maintain and monitor the integrity of the Program’s Financial Management System by ensuring that the procedures and controls set out in the Program Finance Manual are correctly implemented and managed efficiently;
3. As part of the controlling and supervision activities, together with Department of Finance designated personnel, conduct periodic inspections of provincial and school financial activities, systems and records;
4. Monitor and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls with the project financial operations, particularly for bank accounts, petty cash, cash advances and contract management;
5. Monitor the management and accounting for Cash Advances including the aging of outstanding advances
6. Conduct monthly review of the maintenance of the contract and Community Based Contracting registers;
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Financial Management;
• At least 3-5 years experience in accounting work;
• Knowledge and understanding of international accounting standards;
• Familiar with accounting software operation;
• Willingness to travel to provinces within Lao PDR;
• Ability to work as part of a team and to meet deadlines;
• Good in spoken and written English language and can translate from Lao to English and vice versa;
• Experience and demonstrated ability in program financial monitoring and evaluation including preparing financial reports and annual financial statements on cash accounting;
• Ability to analyze financial performance and to provide meaningful financial reports;
• Proven ability to supervise staff, organize works schedules and meet deadlines; and other duties as assigned.
The National Financial Coordinator (1 Position) will be for a period twelve  months. Specific person months for each year shall be based on the approved implementation plan to be submitted by the consultant. The Financial Coordinator will be supervised by Program Director, and will work closely with the Finance Department, MoES.
How to Apply
Interested eligible candidates in both positions may obtain further information and the detailed TOR from the Ministry of Education and Sports, ESDF Coordination Unit (ECU) at the address below during office hours 08:00 to 16:00 hours or by email.
Please submit CVs and three  references along with a letter of interest by 16th to 31st may, 2012 to the address below.
Please mention the position clearly on the letter of Application. Only short listed individual candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Attn: Mrs. Khampaseuth KITIGNAVONG, Program Director
Ministry of Education and Sports
Lane Xang Avenue,
P.O Box 067, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Tel/Fax: (856 -21) 243 672
1195 total views, 1 today