Full-Time NATIONAL FINANCE OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
For Positions of NATIONAL FINANCE OFFICER
National Disaster Management Office
Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Lao PDR.
Post Title: NATIONAL FINANCE OFFICER
Duty station: National Disaster Management Office (NDMO), Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Lao PDR.
Duration: Contract 05 months with possible extension
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
The Lao PDR is frequently affected by river floods, drought, fires, rodent infestation, flash floods, and storms. These recurrent natural hazards often result in human and economic loses, mainly affecting poor rural communities whose livelihoods depend heavily on agricultural activities. In order for Lao PDR to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), MDG1 Poverty Reduction in particular, it is imperative to enhance disaster risk reduction, preparedness and response capacities at all levels.
Lao PDR has committed itself to implement the Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015 and ASEAN Agreement for Disaster Management and Emergency Response (AADMER). Those international frameworks promote the substantial reduction of disaster losses, in lives, and in the social, economic and environmental assets of communities and promotion of good governance along the process i.e “Building the Resilience of Nations and Communities to Disasters”.
The Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Development on Disaster Risk Management project will continue to provide preparatory assistance activities to support to the development of the new project “Integrated Disaster and Climate Risk Management Project in Lao PDR”.
In this context, the NDMO supported by UNDP, wishes to recruit a qualified Lao national as Finance Officer for 5 months to provide effective implementation support to the Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Development on Disaster Risk Management project in Lao PDR.
Duties and responsibilities included but not limited to the following:
• Monitoring and supervising expenditures of the programme as a whole;
• Monitoring and analysing expenditures with respect to approved budgets and work-plans;
• Assisting the Programme Management Group to prepare work plan, budgets and estimates of quarterly expenditure;
• Realizing, on a monthly basis, bank, CDR and expenditures reconciliations against the component and programme budget;
• Compiling monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports and providing expenditure updates as required;
• Preparing requests for direct payment and requests for advance;
• Preparing and maintaining updated ledgers and inventories of supplies and non-expendable property;
Qualifications and experience:
• Good communication skills in English and Lao language;
• Mastery of office computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Professional knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant/related field.
• Recognized accounting qualification;
• At least five years accounting experience;
• Knowledge of modern accounting and office procedures;
• Knowledge of modern office management;
• Experience working with development projects is an advantage;
• Excellent coordination and communication skills, with ability to work under pressure and handle multiple activities
• Results orientated, hands-on approach, with good team skills
• Good knowledge of UNDP and the UN system policies and programming is an advantage
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Lao,
How to ApplyPlease submit application, or detailed CV (including 3 references) along with a letter of interest not later than 5:00 pm of 13 August 2012, to: National Disaster Management Office (NDMO), Vientiane, Telephone: +(856 21) 219450, 020-2222 5185 or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Indicating on the envelop/Email title: (National Finance Officer to NDMO, Lao PDR) Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
1166 total views, 1 today