Full-Time Manager – Community Relations & Development
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
BIRLA LAO PULP & PLANTATIONS COMPANY LIMITED
A US$ 35 billion corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of 130,600 employees, belonging to 40 different nationalities. In the year 2009, the Group was ranked among the top six great places for leaders in the Asia-Pacific region, in a study conducted by Hewitt Associates, RBL Group and Fortune magazine. In India, the Group has been adjudged the best employer in India and among the top 20 in Asia by the Hewitt-Economic Times and Wall Street Journal Study 2007.
Over 60 per cent of the Group’s revenues flow from its overseas operations. The Group operates in 27 countries – Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Laos, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA and Vietnam.
The Group’s initiative to achieve complete backward integration for its VSF business resulted in the setting up of Birla Lao Pulp & Plantations project in 2006 with an investment of US $350 million. The Government of Laos has approved 50,000 hectares of land to raise pulp wood species (mainly eucalyptus) and construction of a pulp plant.
Position : Manager – Community Relations & Development
Location : Savannakhet.
Age : 35+ years
Qualification : Bachelor / Master Degree.
Experience : 10 + years (Relevant)
Expertise : Corporate Social Responsibility activities, CRD, etc
• Coordinate with community and maintain community relations around company’s activity areas, help to uplift their standards of life initiating new livelihood ideas, Develop goodwill and support of the community and government necessary for executing a socially and environmentally sensitive project.
• Leading and managing community relations team in an ethnically diverse community.
• Managing community impacts in compliance with legal and other obligations to the government using best practice management systems and standards
• Liaison with Village heads and Villagers
• Identify their needs and suggest suitable CRD activities
• Propose CRD programs to the Management for approvals.
• Involve the Govt Authorities before initiating CRD initiatives in the communities.
• Identify and encourage farmers to participate in farm forestry initiatives.
• Seek permission from Provincial, District and Local authorities for conducting CRD initiative
• Communicate to target villages for intending programs and effective participations.
• Develop partnership with other agencies
• Track and control expenses within approved limits.
• Participate & sponsor community activities viz. cultural programs, Schools, tournaments, festivals, ceremony etc.
• Encourage local populations/villagers for active participation in CRD activities
• Study of existing livelihood practices
• Plan and implement suitable sustainable livelihood programs viz. fish farming, pig farming, inter cropping and charcoal making, self-help groups.
• Continuously seek feedback for further improvement.
• Publicize & replicate the successful project in other areas
• Support the primary schools and improving infrastructure viz. benches and desks, black boards, play material, teaching aids etc.
To be successful in this position you must possess:
• Suitable qualifications in Business, Communication, Community Development.
• High level knowledge of all aspects of Community Relations in remote and cross-cultural
• A high level of experience, both hands on and as a manager, of all aspects of community relations and community development Superior knowledge of external (government, authorities, local government) factors affecting planning and implementation of corporate community relations
• A superior understanding of the challenges in reconciling and aligning CR effort with commercial business and operational plans
• Leadership and management experience in business support roles in large-medium companies
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of business and society
• An ability to think strategically.
Desired Candidate Profile: Good business and strategic acumen. Good negotiation skills. Good Team Player. We are looking for candidates from Manufacturing, Any NGO and Process industry.
How to Apply
Call for more details or / and send your resume to :
Contact: Songbandith, Officer-HR. Email: email@example.com
Contact no:020 99710192. HR Dept: firstname.lastname@example.org
BIRLA LAO PULP & PLANTATIONS COMPANY LTD.
Unit-14, N0.364, Ban Nalao, Santiphab Avenue
Kaisonephomvihan District Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR
1583 total views, 1 today