Full-Time LIVELIHOOD OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in Attapeu Province
Health Poverty Action Background:
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO, which has worked in Laos since 1994. Our mission is to support poor people in their efforts to achieve better health and well being. HPA has recently received funding from the EC and DFID for a project which aims to reduce the prevalence of malnutrition amongst children under-five years in Attapeu Province. We are now looking for motivated Lao national staff to fill in the following position:
Summary of Duties:
The post holder will be responsible for implementing agriculture activities at the community level in collaboration with provincial and district agriculture and forestry staff and also for capacity building of the provincial and district agriculture and forestry staff.
• Facilitate the community planning process in the target villages and finalize the selection of direct beneficiaries of the agriculture/food production activities
• With the PAFO, the District Agriculture and Forestry Office (DAFO) and villagers identify, agree and codify resources management rules and regulations
• Provide training on food preservation and processing techniques to relevant government staff and community volunteers
• In collaboration with government counterparts and the communities to identify aquatic, agriculture and home industry products to improve food production
• Facilitate training, monitoring and supervision of community fisheries, agriculture and management committees
Person specification (essential):
• Relevant University qualification (preferably a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Livestock or Rural Development)
• Minimum of 4 years progressive directly relevant work experience, working on areas such agriculture, fisheries, livestock and husbandry promotion
• Experience of building the capacity of communities on fishery, agricultural extension, or livestock raising
• Knowledge of government agriculture promotion policies and sustainable development strategies
• Fluency in spoken and written Lao and English
How to Apply
For full Job Description and an Application Form, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit the HPA Laos office: 381 Ban Phonthan Neua, Saysettha District, Vientiane, phone: 021-264960/265272 or fax: 021 264961.
Women are encouraged to apply
The closing date for applications is 20 Feb 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
757 total views, 1 today