NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Handicap International is looking for 1 Interpreter / Translator for the UXO
Program based in Sepon District, Savannakhet Province.
HI started to work in the UXO sector in Lao PDR in 1996. HI will extend his operational capacities in the next months. In order to cope with the extension phase and all the procurement, HI is looking for a purchaser. The purchaser will be based in Sepon and travelling regularly in Vientiane and Savannakhet.
Main tasks of the Manager are to:
1. Translate documents of the UXO program from Lao into English and from English into Lao.
2. Assist to translate other HI project’s documents when it’s required.
3. Provide interpretation as required.
4. Keep in record of all documents translated and ensure availability when needed.
1. Work in harmony with HI team members to achieve project outcomes.
2. Meetings regularly with Project Managers, Head of Mission for Mine Action in order to update the translation progress.
3. Abide by Handicap International Principles’.
– Lao National
– High School certificate;
– Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
– Be flexible, reliable and trustworthy
– Height experiences in translation and interpretation.
– Good Knowledge of English for both speaking and writing.
– Good computer skill in Windows, Ms Office including Word, Excel and Email.
Experiences working with an INGO, NGO in particularly in mine / UXO sector will be a plus.
How to ApplyApplicants interested have to send application documents to Mr. Vithit CHANTHASIRI, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org HI Vientiane. Office phone: + 856 21 41 21 10 / 45 12 98. Applicants interested have to send application documents to Ms. Bounmy Kensonema Tel + 856 20 967 51935, email: email@example.com HI Sepon office, Ban Vongvilay. Office phone: +856 41 660 289. Application documents should include; • Personal profile / CV • Copy of Education Certificate • Copy of motorbike driving license • Copy of ID card and family book • Copy of Working experience records (if available) Deadline: Sept, 20th, 2012
1686 total views, 2 today