Consultant Inclusive Business Development Consultant
CENTER has been established in August 2019, it aims at supporting people with disabilities to access quality services and achieve maximum functional ability enabling them to live independently, with dignity, and to fully participate in their community, in Vientiane and other provinces of Laos. Access to holistic physical rehabilitation services allows people to return to work and support their family. This aligns with the sustainable development goals to empower and promote the social, economic and political inclusion of people with disabilities and enabling them to access to the job market (SDGs 8, 10 and 11). DMAS offers advisory services on disability inclusion and accessibility, as well as providing technical expertise and coaching to private and public businesses (factories, companies, coffee shops, restaurants and shops), institutions (government, non-profit associations, international non-governmental organizations), and public and private service providers (healthcare service providers, schools, financial institutions, TVETs). DMAS accompanies their partners on the journey toward equal access to employment and services for persons with disabilities. DMAS ensures that no one is left behind.
Disability Mainstreaming Advisory Service (DMAS) is looking for an experienced Lao National or International business development specialist to fill the position of Inclusive Business Development Consultant, based in Vientiane to support DMAS CENTER.
Scope of the work:
The Consultant is expected to provide technical expertise to support the development of a business plan, guidelines and marketing strategy in consultation with DMAS Center and its partners.
The key deliverables of the consultancy include:
- Support DMAS to design and conduct a market survey (aiming at assessing potential customers and their willingness to afford advisory services on disability inclusion and accessibility)
- Support DMAS to conduct consultations with different stakeholders to feed information into the business plan
- Develop and complete a business plan for DMAS in consultation with DMAS and its partners,
- Develop and complete business guidelines in consultation with DMAS
- Develop and complete marketing strategy in consultation with DMAS
Thirty-five (35) working days are foreseen for this consultancy.
The table below tentatively details the time needed for the activity implementation.
|Activities||Number of days||Location|
|Develop work plan together with DMAS team||1||Vientiane|
|Consultation with DMAS, OPDs and partners by Consultant and report to DMAS of the finding||2||Vientiane|
|Support /Design / Conduct market survey and analysis||5||Vientiane|
|Support DMAS prepare for consultations with different stakeholders||3||Vientiane|
|Draft a business plan and develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for DMAS Staff||5||Home-based or DMAS office|
|Revise and finalize the draft of the business plan and market survey findings, based on DMAS feedbacks||2||Home-based or DMAS office|
|Draft a business guideline for Operations||4||Home-based or DMAS office|
|Revise and finalize the draft of the business guidelines based on DMAS feedbacks||2||Home-based or DMAS office|
|Draft a marketing strategy based on the business plan and finding of the market survey / analysis||6||Home-based or DMAS office|
|Revise and finalize the draft of the marketing strategy based on DMAS feedbacks||2||Home-based or DMAS office|
|Dissemination workshop: presentation the package to DMAS and its partners||1||Vientiane|
|Finalize the package based on the feedback from DMAS||2||Home-based or DMAS office|
|Total estimated working day||35|
Required qualifications and experience
- A Master’s Degree (or experience equivalent) in Economy, Business Management, Marketing, International Development or related disciplines;
- Previous business plan development experience is required, with a local or small business/ social enterprise is an advantage
- Diverse general business knowledge in all areas including, HR, Training, Market Analysis, etc.
- Experience developing marketing guidance for business/ social enterprise required
- Knowledge of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and business operation procedures required
- Experience with business development in the context of inclusive development is an advantage
- Certified Management Consultant is a plus
- Lao language or experience working in Lao PDR and advantage
Required skills and competencies
- Good written and spoken English language
- Knowledge of disability, diversity and inclusion issues an advantage
- Ability to objectively integrate the opinions of others
- Strong Organizational skills
- Attention to details and diligence in assigned tasks
- Flexible / creative in front of unexpected situations (solution-oriented);
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The consultancy is expected not to exceed 35 working days, and is expected to be completed by June -July 2020.
The maximum number of days, final scope of work/ deliverables and contracting arrangements will be discussed and confirmed between DMAS and the consultant before signing the contract.
Reports to Director of DMAS CENTER:
The business development consultant will work under the supervision of the DMAS management team with frequent and interaction of the donor (HI and WEI) as required.
Qualified people, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyApplication Details: This consultancy is open to both Lao National and international consultants. DMAS CENTER is an equal opportunity employer and encourages the applications of women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities. Applicants should submit a current CV and letter of interest with minimum 2-3 pages proposal about how the consultant meet the requirement of deliverable and detailing their relevant experience (including a daily rate in LAK) to: Disability Mainstreaming Advisory Service Center “DMAS CENTER” 286/18 Buengkhayong Village, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, LAO P D R. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline: 15th, June 2020 All application documents will be treated confidentially and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The submitted documents will not be returned to the candidates.
41 total views, 1 today