Full-Time HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Announcement (For Lao nationality only)
Application close: 7 February 2014
Room to Read seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in the developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Working in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments, we develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary schools children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills to succeed in school and beyond. We are non-government, non-religious and work with many local community based organizations to implement the programs. Room to Read started its operations in Laos since 2005 and had published over 140 children book titles, establishednearly 1,100 school libraries, constructedover 220 school buildings, piloting the Reading and Writing Instruction program and supporting over 1,700 secondary school girls to complete their education.
Currently, we are looking for applicants who are committed, enthusiastic and having qualification and related experience to fill in Human Resources Manager.
Human Resources Manager (Based in Vientiane)
The Human Resources Manager is a member of the Country Management Team and s/he is required to manage the human resources department, overseeing administration of hiring, retention, staff development, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and long-term staffing strategies. Responsibilities include development and administration of personnel rules and regulations, pay and job classification structure, and programs for employee training, safety, health, and morale. This position reports to the Country Director and supervises the Human Resources Officer.
• Design, operate, coordinate and monitor operational systems for managing necessary human resource functions to implement the approved policies;
• Identify labor related legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource function; prepare information requested or required for compliance; act as primary contact with the concerned department of the Government with respect to human resource issues;
• Maintain employee database currently in Human Resource Management System (HRMS);
• Establish standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures as suggested and directed by Global Office (“GO”)/Regional Office (“RO”);
• Manage the recruiting and hiring process, including working with hiring managers to define strategic staffing plans;
• Implement a training and development process to ensure that appropriate development needs are met on a timely and cost effective basis;
• Organize and coordinate both in-house and off-site staff training and development programs to meet the identified development needs;
• Review and revise salary structure, pay policies, employee benefit programs, and security, safety and health program; and preparing personnel budget (salary + benefits)
• Review, develop and implement effective employee performance management system, aligned with RO and GO guidelines; training the line managers and providing advice and support for performance management issues;
• Implement Succession Planning Program in alignment with RO/GO guidelines;
• Communicate human resource policies across the organization;
• As a member of the Country Management Team (“CMT”), provide regular updates on HR activities and plans; and other tasks assigned by supervisor.
• Master or Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or related field;
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in Human Resources Administration work, with at least 2 years experience at senior management level;
• General knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources Administration;
• Understanding of labor, taxation law, and other applicable rules and regulations in Laos;
• Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills;
• Proven integrity and character, especially in the stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability;
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work;
• Strong reasoning, decision-making, and sound judgment;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Ability to work independently and under pressure;
• Willing to travel and work in the field, as required;
• Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and any HR Management database.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter indicating position applied and CV in English through email: email@example.com. In case, you cannot reach us through email, you can post and send it to the country office in the address: P.O Box 11607, Ban Watnak, Unit 5 Sisattanak District, Vientiane Lao PDR.
Also you can also find the job details in INGO Web site: http://www.directoryofngos.org/pub/index.php
Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted
1422 total views, 3 today